Account Executive - Federal Sales
Arlington, VA /
Outside Sales /
Govini is the leading Commercial Data company in the Defense Technology space. Built by Govini, Ark.ai is used at scale across the National Security sector of the U.S. federal government. This platform enables government analysts, program managers, and decision-makers to gain unprecedented visibility into the Companies, Capabilities, and Capital in National Security to solve challenges pertaining to Acquisition, Foreign Influence & Adversarial Capital, Nuclear Modernization, Procurement, Science & Technology, and Supply Chain. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We are seeking a Sales Account Executive to join the growing Sales team at Govini. The Account Executive is a critical role in supporting Govini’s business by engaging with customers in pursuit of positioning our technology, expanding the sales pipeline, and driving revenue.
In order to do this job well, you must be passionate about U.S. national security and the role of technology in driving American competitiveness, and eager to evangelize Arch.ai. You are a natural influencer and are able to serve as a trusted advisor to help customers solve tough problems.
You have a knack for building deeply rooted partnerships and understanding and translating client needs into actionable sales propositions. You are passionate about the power of data to drive better-informed decisions in the government. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a competitive spirit where nothing but your best will do.
In this role, you will report to an executive-level Sales Leader and you will collaborate across the Marketing, Capture, and Solutions teams. An ideal candidate will have experience with federal sales, especially of a complex product or service. Govini will provide you with an exciting, fast-paced training program to ensure new hires are set up for immediate and significant success.
This role is based in our Washington, DC office, with the ability to travel (50%+).
Scope of Responsibilities
- Generate new leads and business opportunities across a defined territory, working closely with counterparts across the Sales, Capture, and Mission Solutions teams to identify targets and goals
- Develop a deep familiarity with Govini offerings and how they can be used to solve a wide range of meaningful national security challenges
- Gain a deep understanding of federal customer processes and problems. Ensure the right questions are being asked and answered throughout the sales processShepherd new business opportunities to close through the entire sales cycle, leveraging support from pre- and post-sales teams for expertise and collaboration
- Exceed sales quota
- Utilize Salesforce to manage all aspects of prospecting, opportunity management, forecasting, client communications, contacts, activities, and tasks
- US Citizenship is required
- Active security clearance or willingness and ability to obtain one preferred
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years of experience of government sales experience, preferably in technology solutions
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed established revenue goals
- Strong time and people management skills to marshal resources and advance opportunities
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, technical aptitude, and sales acumen
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel (50%+)
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you thrive in ambiguity, are a self-starter, and care about solving technical problems in the national security domain, we’re eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.