Product Marketing Manager
Arlington, VA /
Govini is the leading Commercial Data company in the Defense Technology space. Built by Govini, Ark.ai is used at scale across the National Security sector of the U.S. federal government. This platform enables government analysts, program managers, and decision-makers to gain unprecedented visibility into the Companies, Capabilities, and Capital in National Security to solve challenges pertaining to Acquisition, Foreign Influence & Adversarial Capital, Nuclear Modernization, Procurement, Science & Technology, and Supply Chain. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We are seeking an exceptional Product Marketing Manager to orchestrate the content strategy for Ark.ai platform. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager intimately understands the power of Govini’s data and platform and uses that knowledge to create meaningful and impactful marketing material for our target customers.
In this role, you will collaborate strategically with teams across the organization to evolve our messaging and positioning in the market. Partnering closely with our Business Development, Product, and client-facing teams, you will have insight into the customer experience and draw the connection between customer needs and the capabilities of our platform. Your expertise in market intelligence and the competitive landscape will drive Govini’s value proposition and provide transformative solutions.
This is a team member position located in our Arlington, VA office.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Plan and execute product and new feature launches; coordinate with the product, strategy, and sales team members on go-to-market activities
- Advocate for the voice of the customer, turning the feedback and usage data received into actionable insights to drive feature adoption
- Stay current on the competitive landscape and understand our competitive differentiation
- Derive market insights from analysts, media, customers, prospects, sales, and primary research to deliver input to product management and development teams
- Collaborate with product and customer teams to design, implement, test, and iterate on in-platform customer journey maps, adoption and conversion paths
- Work with product and customer teams to establish and define customer segments and personas based on user characteristics and platform usage behavior.
- Design, develop, and implement customer segment and persona-driven brand and product messaging, content, collateral, and engagement strategies.
- Develop event-driven (customer activity-driven) in-platform and e-mail engagement programs using customer communications platforms and systems like Intercom, Zendesk, Appcues, and Mixpanel
- Work with product and customer teams to identify and validate relevant metrics and data to evaluate platform features, functionality, sales, and growth strategies.
- US Citizenship is required
- This role requires 10% travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Engineering, IT, Journalism, Business Administration, or equivalent
- 5+ years of work experience in a product marketing role within a software product organization
- 2+ years experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to current or prospective customers, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Track record of successful collaboration with Product Management, Sales, and engineering teams
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into captivating messaging for all audiences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an emphasis on resonating with target audiences and articulating product value Strong attention to detail, effective time management and organizational skills with a commitment to delivering high-quality results on deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with little supervision
- Experience implementing and using customer communications and tracking platforms and tools like Intercom, Zendesk, Appcues, and Mixpanel.
- Knowledge of or experience in the national security, intelligence, or defense space
- Strong technical understanding of cutting-edge data science and machine learning capabilities
- Experience in or exposure to the nuances of a startup or other entrepreneurial environment
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you thrive in ambiguity, are a self-starter, and care about solving technical problems in the national security domain, we’re eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.