Vice President, Defense Sales
Arlington, VA /
Outside Sales /
Govini is the leading Commercial Data company in the Defense Technology space. Built by Govini, Ark.ai is used at scale across the National Security sector of the U.S. federal government. This platform enables government analysts, program managers, and decision-makers to gain unprecedented visibility into the Companies, Capabilities, and Capital in National Security to solve challenges pertaining to Acquisition, Foreign Influence & Adversarial Capital, Nuclear Modernization, Procurement, Science & Technology, and Supply Chain. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
As a member on our Sales team, you will develop, qualify, and sell Govini products and services, and maintain sales relationships across the national security sector of the U.S. Federal Government. You have the ability to make an immediate and measurable impact on top-line revenue growth for the business, while doing work that matters to the Nation.
You are a dynamic and influential sales professional who can paint a picture that excites people and compels them to work with Govini. You have an eminence about you, and people notice it. You have the natural ability to lead and have a successful track record of selling technology to the government, particularly the national security enterprise. You have outstanding business acumen and a deep understanding of this industry, with both a passion and aptitude for technology.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Own end-to-end new business opportunities, from creating leads to closing deals
- Personally source, shape, and properly qualify new business opportunities
- Manage complex sales cycles from opportunity identification to contract close for multiple opportunities simultaneously
- Develop, maintain, and execute against account plans for national security clients and prospects
- Present business solutions at the executive level and evangelize Govini throughout the Federal/national security marketplace
- Define and present compelling, customized value propositions and demonstrate Govini technology and solutions to prospects and clients
- Utilize Salesforce to manage all aspects of prospecting, opportunity management, forecasting, client communications, contacts, activities, and tasks
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- History of selling technology directly to Government, preferably within DoD or other national security clients
- Minimum 5 years experience of meeting and exceeding revenue goals in a technology sales environment, personally closing large and complex deals
- Proven success at new account development
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work hard, be strategic, and do the right thing for the business
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) processes (particularly budgeting, acquisition, and procurement processes)
- Current possession of a U.S. security clearance or the ability to obtain one
- Experience in or exposure to the nuances of a startup or other entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you thrive in ambiguity, are a self-starter, and care about solving technical problems in the national security domain, we’re eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.