Back-End Software Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA /
Govini is the leading Commercial Data company in the Defense Technology space. Built by Govini, Ark.ai is used at scale across the National Security sector of the U.S. federal government. This platform enables government analysts, program managers, and decision-makers to gain unprecedented visibility into the Companies, Capabilities, and Capital in National Security to solve challenges pertaining to Acquisition, Foreign Influence & Adversarial Capital, Nuclear Modernization, Procurement, Science & Technology, and Supply Chain. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated developer to join our Engineering team as a Back-End Software Engineer. As a SWE at Govini, you show a clear passion for quality and love to bring software to life. You are energized by the idea of building something new and want to work on problems that matter.
In order to do this job well, you must be a curious and eager problem solver with a hunger for building well-designed, high quality solutions. You have a passion for great work and nothing less than your best will do. You share our intolerance of mediocrity. You’re uber-smart, challenged by figuring things out and producing simple solutions to complex problems. Knowing there are always multiple answers to a problem, you know how to engage in a constructive dialogue to find the best path forward. You’re scrappy. We like scrappy.
This is a team member position, working onsite in our Pittsburgh, PA office.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Actively participate in designing, building and testing scalable data architecture
- Craft clean, testable, and maintainable code
- Participate in the end to end software development of new feature functionality and design capabilities
- Optimize processes for maximum speed and accuracy
- Regularly seek out innovation and continuous improvement, finding efficiency in all assigned tasks
- Work in an agile team in a scrum process, collaborating closely with fellow software engineers, DBEs, and QA engineers
- Must be able to work in the United States without visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years software development experience with a high level software stack
- Advanced SQL development
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL administration
- Strong proficient with backend API language such as Java/Spring Boot (preferred) or equivalent
- Experience performing meaningful tasks in Linux
- Prior hands-on experience working with data-driven analytics
- Experience working in agile/scrum teams
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- A burning desire to work in a challenging fast paced tech environment
- Familiarity with Git source control management
- Previously experience working in a product organization
- Exposure to the nuances of a startup or other entrepreneurial environment
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you thrive in ambiguity, are a self-starter, and care about solving technical problems in the national security domain, we’re eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.