Pittsburgh, PA /
Decision Science /
Govini is the leading Commercial Data company in the Defense Technology space. Built by Govini, Ark.ai is used at scale across the National Security sector of the U.S. federal government. This platform enables government analysts, program managers, and decision-makers to gain unprecedented visibility into the Companies, Capabilities, and Capital in National Security to solve challenges pertaining to Acquisition, Foreign Influence & Adversarial Capital, Nuclear Modernization, Procurement, Science & Technology, and Supply Chain. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We are seeking a data-loving analyst with high attention to detail to join us as we build and deliver our Decision Science SaaS platform. You will be part of our Decision Science team, working closely with Govini data scientists, machine learning engineers, and product teams to support the design and creation of analytical product features, data models, metrics, indicators, and visualizations. Your work will enable the replacement of complex, time-consuming, and manual processes with automated, intelligent processes that will help Govini data scientists and machine learning engineers deploy high-quality models to be consumed by the end users. To succeed in this role, you must have experience in and a passion for data research and analysis - specifically the application of those skills to provide actionable insights across many types of data. Excellent organizational and communication skills will also be key to success in this role.
This role is a full-time position located in Pittsburgh, PA. Some travel is required.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Develop, test, and validate insightful KPIs for internal and external customers using all available data sources in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Work with data scientists and machine learning engineers (as necessary) to establish meaningful criteria for evaluating algorithm performance and suitability
- Present, explain, and defend the technical basis of analytic deliverables to internal and external stakeholders
- Craft compelling, understandable data visualizations using time series, geolocation, categorical, and graph-based data
- Regularly seek out innovation and continuous improvement, finding efficiency in all assigned tasks
- Collaborate closely with data scientists, machine learning engineers, data engineers, and QA engineers to ensure the implementation of data quality monitoring
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field
- 3 years of experience developing KPIs for internal or external customersIntermediate/Advanced SQL skills
- Intermediate software skills in Python, R, or another programming language
- A strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies and analytical methods
- Ability to quickly adapt to and master new domains to enable derivation of key insights
- Prior hands-on experience working with data-driven analytics
- Excellent communication with both client-facing and technical team members
- Strong organizational and project management skills with good attention to detail
- A burning desire to work in a challenging fast-paced tech environment
- 5+ years of experience in a related role
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field
- Previous experience analyzing financial, supply chain/logistics, or intellectual property data
- Experience in or exposure to the nuances of a startup or other entrepreneurial environment
- Experience leading analytic projects for external customers
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you thrive in ambiguity, are a self-starter, and care about solving technical problems in the national security domain, we’re eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.