Sales Manager - closed 3/20/23
Arlington, VA /
Outside Sales /
Govini is the leading Commercial Data company in the Defense Technology space. Built by Govini, Ark.ai is used at scale across the National Security sector of the U.S. federal government. This platform enables government analysts, program managers, and decision-makers to gain unprecedented visibility into the Companies, Capabilities, and Capital in National Security to solve challenges pertaining to Acquisition, Foreign Influence & Adversarial Capital, Nuclear Modernization, Procurement, Science & Technology, and Supply Chain. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We are seeking a proven Sales Manager to lead a team of Account Executives who are tasked with generating growth within the Public Sector, specifically the Department of Defense and National Security ecosystem. The appointed sales leader will play a key role in leading this highly qualified and motivated team to achieve and surpass company, team, and individual sales goals. You will have the opportunity to design, implement, and refine growth strategies for the company’s sales operations, while providing structure and management of tactical execution. You’ll work collaboratively with the Marketing, Product, and client delivery teams to achieve corporate objectives.
In order to do this job well, you’ll need to lead, develop, and grow an exciting team of Account Executives. You will work cross-functionally with company stakeholders and leaders as required to ensure seamless prosecution of sales opportunities and an efficient, scalable sales operation. You will be responsible for management, development, and mentoring of the Account Executive sales team, which includes interviewing, hiring, and training new team members on the Govini sales process, Go-To-Market strategy, and product offerings. In this role, you will report initially to the CEO.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Attracting, hiring, and retaining top sales talent
- Establishing sales KPIs and managing a team of Account Executive-level direct reports to these metrics
- Coaching and supporting direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings
- Engaging other corporate resources as required
- Developing and mentoring the Account Executive sales team to achieve successful sales results
- Coaching direct reports on strategies to drive opportunities to closure
- Accurately forecasting on a regular cadence
- Reporting on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management
- Consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team, and tracking the results
- US Citizenship Required
- Extensive federal software sales experience in an individual contributor and management role, including sales management experience
- Proven record of sales success in a similar enterprise software application environment
- Successful track record in a high volume transactional sales environment
- Experience with the Department of Defense and federal procurement processes
- Experience with Salesforce
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Must be able to thrive in a very fast-paced environment
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you thrive in ambiguity, are a self-starter, and care about solving technical problems in the national security domain, we’re eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.