Operations Executive - Intern (Milan)
Milan, Italy /
Virtuo is your car, on-demand. We’re bringing all the freedom of driving without the burdens of owning a car for you, our cities & the planet.
Launched in 2016, our on-demand car rental app is releasing cities and their citizens from the burden of car ownership. Virtuo is freeing up space and time, putting the freedom of driving in people’s pockets, not parked on city streets.
Our mission is to create a delightful on-demand car experience.
Our vision is a future with no personal cars.
In 2021, we closed our Series C funding round, led by AXA Venture Partners, and are now active in 21 cities (as well as 30 airports and train stations) across France, Spain, United Kingdom, and Italy (with more to come).
📲 +1,700,000 downloads │ 👤 +100,000 users │ 🚙 +3,500 cars │ 💪 +100 Virtuoses
💰 Fundraising in 2021: €96M (Investors: AXA Venture Partners (AVP), Bpifrance Large Venture, Alpha Intelligence Capital, H14, Groupe BPCE, Natixis, Balderton Capital, Iris Capital and RAISE France).
🏆 Rewards: Best apps on the app store 2016&18, BPI France and 2021 FrenchTech Top 120.
📍 We are in France, U.K, Spain, and Italy (🇩🇪 soon ), service available in 54 locations
Operations are at the core of Virtuo, our motto: "Right car, right time, right location, Zero defects".
The team is responsible for making strategic & operational decisions based on data, but above all for moving things forward.
The position will allow you to join a team with diverse profiles and to meet not only entrepreneurs but also former employees of large groups & prestigious start-ups.
🎯 Your missions
Help us grow our fleet, increase our countrywide station footprint and run complex operations.
The Virtuo Ops Intern’s ultimate responsibility is ensuring our customers get their Virtuo in great shape. This is a fast-paced environment and the role will appeal to an ambitious self-starter with a hands-on attitude, strong operational ability, and a passion for cars and mobility tech.
Be in charge - as the main responsible of your region’s fleet
- Fleet management (damages, maintenance, fleet in/out/rebalancing)
- Manage Virtuo stations (accessories, signage, parkings, amenities, maintenance, etc.)
- Experts (cleaners/drivers) onboarding and training
- Quality monitoring
Support running complex, on-the-ground, day-to-day operations
-to achieve Operations targets as a team (close collaboration with Ops Lead & other City Managers)
And much more!
- Product improvement
- Virtuo side projects
- Admin, etc.
🥇 What this position will provide you with
- It is an opportunity to participate in the growth and expansion of our business (in 2021 we will open new cities, onboard new car models, launch new exciting projects…)
- You will be at the heart of the business and be in contact with different teams on the day-to-day
- The range of missions you will be responsible for will be very large and you will have the opportunity to take the lead on different projects
🌟 You are the ideal candidate if
- You are fluent (or native) in Italian and you possess a good command of English
- Your university offers an internship contract or you just finished your studies
- You are in Milan or able to move to Milan during your internship period
- You are autonomous, rigorous, and result-oriented
- You are able to take the lead on projects from A to Z
- You know how to adapt and find solutions, especially when there is little time!
- You are not afraid to try new ways of doing things in order to improve
🔍 Recruitment process
1. 1st call with our Operation Manager
2. Case study interview with our Operation Manager
👉 Working daily at Virtuo will make you :
- Participate in the revolution of the car rental industry by transforming a traditionally unpleasant and anxiety-provoking service into a fluid, modern and exciting experience!
- Join a fast-growing start-up: we doubled our team in one year, x4 revenue, +2 countries every year ...
- Work in a stimulating environment surrounded by bright, agile, and dynamic profiles
- Be part of a “user-centric” team which is one of the best customer team in the car rental industry
- Work for an innovative startup where everything is building, in a company where your decisions will have an immediate impact
- Be part of an international team (presence over 4 countries)
- A modern office at the heart of Milan 🌃
- Team events (when the situation allows it!) 👌
- A multicultural team 🌍