Head of Operations
Why Go X?
Go X is on the mission to change the way people get around universities across the world. In a short amount of time, Go X became the leader in providing convenient electric transportation solutions for universities. The company created a fleet of proprietary last mile vehicles that have been designed with safety, convenience and transportation needs in mind. The first of these vehicles is a 3-wheel electric scooter called Cheetah. Our vehicles have been designed for sharing space in particular and we believe that we can disrupt it by being able to launch quickly and having a subscription model for consumers. On the operations side, we use replaceable batteries on all of our vehicles, which allow us to have 2 people service 100 vehicles vs competitors needing 50 contractors for the same fleet.
In 5 months since existence, we raised funding from Tier 1 Venture investors in Silicon Valley, partnered with over 8 universities and are in the process of deploying 1000+ scooters across them. Given the momentum, we are one of the fastest growing companies in the space today. You will be joining the team as one of the first 10 employees and will have an unbelievable opportunity to define company culture and shape the way company operates as it scales.
Who Are We Looking for?
We are looking for Head of Operations with a passion for creating and managing processes, knack for problem solving, and empathy for managing, motivating people. The Head of Operations will be responsible for recruiting and managing Regional Managers, creating their own P&L and overseeing ways that operations can improve in the organization. In this role, you will not only ensure operational excellence, but will also have your finger on the local market pulse, identifying new opportunities for growth as well as building and maintaining critical partnerships.
What will you do?
Since you will be one of the first people on the team and first in the official operations role, you will be responsible for:
· Working with suppliers, receiving and making sure that inventory is ready for deployment
· Recruiting and managing launch teams
· Recruiting and managing operations teams in our partner universities as well as in cities as we enter the market
· Creating a checklist process and implementing for: scooter charging, repair and recovery of lost/stolen ones.
· Working closely with CEO and PM to improve the software, which allows to manage operations
Who do we believe is a good candidate for the role?
· Person passionate about operations, management and has prior experience + track record to prove that
· It’s nice if you have B.S. + possibly MBA, but it’s not a requirement
· Prior experience managing operations at any on-demand company, especially for food delivery: Uber Eats, Postmates, InstaCart, etc, or mobility companies like: Lime, Bird, Uber or Lyft.
· Excellent communicator capable of motivating a team, working cross-functionally within a large organization, and liaising with external stakeholders as needed
· Analytical mindset with a strong understanding of real-time marketplaces (supply and demand economics)
· Prior startup experience is a big plus
· Experience solving complex problems, exercising good judgement in decision-making, and navigating ambiguous environments
· Ability to simplify difficult problems into actionable and solvable tasks
· Self-motivated, high-energy and driven individual with the ability to learn new skills and grow with the role
· Represent the Company. As acting CEO of your market, you will meet with local officials, business owners and customers as a representative of Go X
· Be a culture carrier. Create a fun, inclusive, and safe workplace
What we offer?
· Competitive compensation + significant equity in the company (depending on experience)
· A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences
· Growth opportunity - Nationally and Internationally
· Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
· Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
· Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
We are on the mission to change the way people commute around the world and would love to work with A+++ players.
You can learn more about Go X from our website: www.goxapp.com,
and videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZvXvQkuJMA and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AygonyNifps.
Looking forward to connecting and making an impact on the world!
Go X Team