Senior Account Manager, Email Marketing
Digital Marketing – Email & SMS Marketing /
As the Senior Email and SMS Marketing Manager at GR0, you have the unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in a fast-paced, ambitious, and high-growth team. Based in our Los Angeles headquarters, you will be hands-on in building and fostering best-in-class Email and SMS programs for our clients, utilizing your excellent management skills, entrepreneurial spirit, strategic thinking, and capability to establish and oversee day-to-day tasks and projects that drive growth. GR0 is looking for an Email Marketing & communication enthusiast with a track record of delivering bespoke and extraordinary client support.
As a Senior Campaign Manager, you will be responsible for providing stellar customer service to 12-15 clients, each with their unique goals, varying strategies and objectives, and perhaps competing priorities. Competence providing winning strategy across a variety of industries is key to success. In this role, you will also support the sales of the Email Marketing department by conducting demos, discussing strategy, and upselling services where applicable.
Strategic thinkers and cross-functional project managers who embrace the grind and possess otherworldly communication and diplomacy skills will excel in this role and add to our blossoming company culture. By leading a best-in-class Email and SMS program, you will drive growth and customer retention, ultimately contributing to GR0's long-term success.
If you’re interested in being part of a special and rapidly GR0ing team with a collective mission to bring our customers joy, we encourage you to apply!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage large-scale email marketing campaigns from development to execution.
- Establish targeting strategies based on customer lifecycle segmentation & predictive analytics.
- Continuously measure and optimize campaign performance while also establishing benchmarks and recommending future tests.
- Proof and QA campaigns to ensure 100% error-free execution.
- Conduct frequent analysis of competitor programs looking for insights around targeting, promotional offers, and cadence/delivery timing. OR Perform extensive research and analysis of competitor programs to identify key areas of opportunity relating to targeting, promotional offers, and cadence/delivery timing.
- Leverage marketing automation, CRM, and other eCommerce technologies to support campaign execution (Google Analytics, Klaviyo, HubSpot, Attentive etc.)
- Analyze and track data to identify trends and uncover new opportunities to maximize the performance of email campaigns and achieve customer acquisition, conversion, and growth goals.
- Serve as the primary contact for your accounts, maintaining prompt communication that includes at least 2-3 weekly touchpoints through a combination of email, Slack, and video calls. OR Communicate campaign performance to clients and build a clean roadmap for the future.
- Work with our sales team to teach them how to identify ideal clients and sell our services, perform demos, and introduce strategy.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 4+ years of experience in technical email marketing, with e-commerce preferred.
- Knowledge of Klaviyo and/or other email and sms marketing tools like Attentive, Postscript, eMarsys, Dot and Mailchimp
- Experience managing lifecycle marketing and able to show measurable results
- Proven track record of creating, implementing, and optimizing complex email programs to meet business goals.
- Understanding of digital marketing principles, specifically email marketing best practices.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to think strategically, creatively, and analytically.
- High attention to detail, deadlines, and accuracy with minimum supervision
- Positive attitude and ability to operate in a very rapidly changing environment with ambiguity; requires being scrappy.
- The ability to effectively resolve problems and/or roadblocks independently as they occur knowing when escalation is necessary.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are deeply passionate about email marketing and all things digital marketing.
- You always put your clients first and are energized by collaborating with and serving them.
- You embrace learning in and contributing to a rapidly growing startup.
- You place high importance on transparency, accountability, and communication.
- You are adept at juggling competing deadlines and priorities with ease while remaining self-motivated and attentive to detail and accuracy.
- You are comfortable in a fluid environment with a high tolerance for ambiguity and dynamic change.
WHAT DOES THE HIRING PROCESS ENTAIL:
- Stage 1 (Recruiter Screen) - After you submit your application, our talent recruitment team will review and reach out to candidates. During this 20- minute phone call, we’ll discuss your career journey and professional motivators while learning about GR0 overall and the opportunity.
- Stage 2 (Take-Home Interview) - Replacing an additional video interview, we will send you a relevant set of questions and exercises, which we expect will take about 30 minutes to complete.
- Stage 3 (Initial Interview) - The first video interview with at least one GR0 team member will involve 30 minutes of reviewing your take-home interview and diving deeper into the GR0 processes, tools, core values, and company roadmap.
- Stage 4 (Panel Interview) - Your most important video interview will be a 45-minute conversation with at least three GR0 team members, including your possible future manager. During this time, you will present a case to our team, answer additional questions, and have ample time to ask questions of us.
- Stage 5 (Co-Founders Connect) - The second-to-last conversation of the interview process is always a chance for you to connect with our CEO and Co-Founder, Kevin Miller, and our Chief Growth Officer and Co-Founder, Jon Zacharias.
- Stage 6 (Offer) - If a #GR0mance has brewed, we will make you a competitive offer and hope you’ll accept!
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Shared Financial Success - GR0 believes strongly in equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total annual compensation for this role is market competitive - $90,000 - $95,000 + Commission (commensurate with experience), as well as company stock options.
- A Unique Opportunity to work for a rapidly growing company alongside next-level talent in a respectful, inclusive, diverse, and inspiring environment. #GR0Together
- Health and Family Benefits - GR0 offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage options for GR0ers and their families.
- Flexible PTO - We know that rest is vital to your well-being and career success, so we give you the flexibility and trust to take it when you need it.
- Community Impact - GR0 is committed to supporting the communities where we work and live by partnering with local charitable organizations to give back in various ways.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, GR0 is an award-winning digital marketing agency focused exclusively on igniting organic growth for direct-to-consumer and business-to-business startups and established brands. GR0 empowers these brands to build powerful online brands using a highly technical, best-in-class approach that delivers value and experience to consumers, and engagement and sales for brands.
GR0’s notable awards and achievements include:
Glassdoor’s “Top CEOs” (2021)
Clutch’s “Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies” (2022)
Comparably’s “Best Places to Work in Los Angeles” (2021, 2022)
Comparably’s “Best Company for Career Growth” (2021)
Built In’s Moxie Women in Tech Awards (2021, 2022)
At GR0, we put our people above all else. We promote an environment that celebrates diversity, fosters openness, and encourages conversations around what makes us different to further learn from one another. GR0 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.