Mobile Engineer (Android)
Regional - Tech
Grab is currently seeking experienced and energetic Android developers at different levels for our Singapore office with experience in native Android app development and strong interpersonal skills. You will work in a diverse teams of mobile engineers that focus on the development of either our Android passenger or driver applications.
Our engineering teams are relatively small and product specific, which means that as a mobile engineer you have the opportunity to extensively collaborate with, and learn from others. More importantly, everyone holds accountability and directly impacts Grab’s success. Every ‘Grabber’ is equally important.
Grab is Southeast Asia's leading ride-hailing platform and largest mobile tech company. We solve critical transportation challenges and make transport freedom a reality for 620 million people in Southeast Asia. Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012 but has extended its product platform to include GrabCar, GrabBike, GrabHitch, GrabExpress and GrabCoach. We are driving SEA forward by ground-breaking new commuting alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on speed, safety and reliability. Our network currently consists of 710,000 drivers across 35 cities in six countries. The organization is growing rapidly and our culture is collaborative and entrepreneurial.
You will specialise in crafting and maintaining elegant products on innovative technologies that bring our unique on-demand transport experience to millions of people, anytime and anywhere. With over 36 million mobile downloads, we are processing millions of bookings a day and billions of traffic data points per month. When you push out new code, tons of people will see what you made within seconds. Operating on this level is hard, but deeply rewarding. Our applications consist of large and complex code bases and architectures.
Grab’s primary products are our driver and passenger applications, which are developed by our mobile engineers. We feel everyone should have access to transportation, so your high-quality delivery is vital to Grab and our community.
- You will work closely with the Product, UX/UI and Backend teams to design, build and extend consumer and/or partner facing new products, platforms and features.
- More senior engineers will act as a role model and mentor to more junior members.
- Build re-usable Android software components for the Grab platform.
- Collaborate with QA on continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) as well as other automated and manual testing to make sure our app releases are always worthy of five star ratings.
- You will monitor the performance of the live apps and continuously improve them on both code and experience level.
- You will raise the bar by reviewing each other's code, sharing knowledge, tips and tricks, and generally help out - within and across teams. In Grab we call this principle 'Your Problem is My Problem'.
- We are currently hiring engineers at all levels, therefore we require a minimum of 1, preferably 5, years of experience in native Android app development.
- Solid to deep understanding of Android Studio, Java and Android NDK.
- In addition, you hold a strong portfolio of, preferably transaction-based and business critical, applications.
- You are quick on your feet, always aiming for quality and are a natural collaborator.
- Your experience includes API design, SDK architecture, and mobile software lifecycle development practices.
- Additionally, you have strong CS fundamentals and UX/UI design exposure and experience in making intuitive apps with pixel perfect interfaces.
- You have a degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please provide as with the names of (mobile) applications or other technologies you have developed, and explain your relevant responsibilities for each when applying for this position.
If you would like to learn more about our organisation and culture, have a look at our website. In addition, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Grab is an equal opportunity provider. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.