Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Metrics, Logs and Traces
R&D – Engineering: Enterprise /
About Grafana Labs:
There are more than 700,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include two other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs) and Grafana Tempo (for traces)
This is a remote opportunity and we would be interested in applications from a European or North Americas (Eastern or Central) timezone (other time zones will be considered on a case by case basis)
About the Enterprise Squads:
Our enterprise squads work on building plugins and functionality as extensions on top of our open source projects to support the security, reliability and scalability needs of enterprises and organisations with large deployments.
The daily work often spans both open source and proprietary code.
Backend engineering roles at Grafana require engineers with a passion for performance, reliability, and who enjoy taking projects from conception to production. The teams focus on delivering functionality from the roadmap, fixing bugs and helping Support & Sales Engineering teams.
Our culture is one of remote-first, and our engineering organization is largely remote. We provide guidance and meet regularly using video calls, and we need people who can work independently and can communicate well. Our teams also plan in-person team building meetups and also gather to attend industry conferences.
We care deeply about open source and the projects generally are open source, check them out: https://github.com/grafana.
We primarily use Go.
- Familiar with programming languages like Go, C, C#, C++, Java or Rust
- Able to write clean, robust and performant software
- Able to lead a project successfully
- Experience with network programming or distributed system
- Familiar with operations/SRE
- Experience with the monitoring space in general (metrics, logging, tracing, observability)
- Familiar with time-series applications and concepts, especially Graphite or Prometheus
- Experience with Kubernetes / Kafka / Cassandra / Bigtable / syslog / opentracing or similar technologies.
Our hiring process:
- Video chat with one of our Talent Managers (30 mins)
- Video chat with 2 Hiring Managers (30 mins)
- Live Coding Interview with 2 Engineers (60 mins)
- Systems Design focused interview (45 mins)
Equal Opportunity Employer- At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.