Backend Software Engineer, Cloud, EST/CST (Remote)
United States /
R&D – Engineering: Cloud /
About Grafana Labs:
There are more than 700,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include two other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs) and Grafana Tempo (for traces)
About Grafana Cloud:
Our Grafana Cloud pipeline moves millions of data points, log lines and traces per second from our customer's environments into a highly available, low-latency stack that processes and stores the data, and serves it to dashboards and alerting tools. We aim to grow this to hundreds of millions per second, and it's critical that as we grow, we improve our performance, increase our reliability and do it all more efficiently.
Backend engineering roles at Grafana require engineers with a passion for performance, reliability, and who enjoy taking projects from conception to production.
Since we deploy production services, we have on-call rotations to ensure the health of the system. We dogfood our own services, so being on call is an important way to understand our system and how to use the products we create.
Our culture is one of remote-first, and our engineering organization is largely remote. We provide guidance and meet regularly using video calls, and we need people who can work independently and can communicate well.
We care deeply about open source and the projects generally are open source, check them out: https://github.com/grafana.
We primarily use Go.
- You are familiar with programming languages like Go, C, C#, C++, Java or Rust
- You are able to write clean, robust and performant software
- You have experience with network programming or distributed systems development
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with operations/SRE
- Experience with the monitoring space in general (metrics, logging, tracing, observability)
- Familiarity with time-series applications and concepts, especially Graphite or Prometheus
- Experience with Kubernetes / Kafka / Cassandra / Bigtable / syslog / opentracing or similar technologies.
- Flexible hours
- The equipment you need to get the job done
- Generous vacation policy of 30 days per annum with national holidays in your country of residence on top
- Grafana operates in 32+ countries. We try to operate as one team and focus on global benefits which our whole team can enjoy. Inevitably there are some regional variations and we discuss the benefits offered in your country of residence through our interview process.
- We offer a competitive healthcare plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) for our US based employees via our co-employer JustWorks.
- We offer a 4% employer contribution match on our 401K/pension plans or a one time 4% salary increase after 6 months tenure depending on your location
Our hiring process:
- Video chat with one of our Talent Managers (30 mins)
- Video chat with 2 Hiring Managers (30 mins)
- Live Coding Interview with 2 Engineers (60 mins)
- Systems Design focused interview (45 mins)
Equal Opportunity Employer- At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.