k6 Developer Advocate (Remote)
EMEA/EST timezones /
k6 – GTM /
About Grafana Labs:
There are more than 700,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include two other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs) and Grafana Tempo (for traces)
In June 2021 Grafana Labs acquired k6 - the Stockholm-based startup behind the open-source load testing tool for engineering teams. With k6, Grafana Labs adds extensible testing to its open and composable Grafana observability stack.
We are pushing forward the state-of-the-art in our industry. Creating open-source tools with great developer experience that enable engineers to build reliable systems that scale. k6 is our open-source and extensible load testing tool built for modern engineering teams.
At k6, you will join a small DevRel team advocating best performance and reliability testing practices with a focus on growing and educating the developer community.
About the role:
We believe that testing is key to detect errors earlier and build confidence in your system's reliability. Are you passionate about testing as a way of building highly reliable systems, and eager to share your knowledge and experience with the community?
We’re looking for a Developer Advocate interested in Site Reliability Engineering to expand our Developer Relations program further. As part of the team, you will be advocating and educating on our behalf within software development communities.
You will engage and build relationships with the open-source community, to strengthen their knowledge and practices in the performance and reliability space through examples, proofs of concept, and content.
You will develop and maintain k6 extensions and, to some extent, participate in internal projects.
What you’ll be doing (a non-exhaustive selection of activities that you could be involved in, depending on your interest and experience)
- Create technical and inspirational content on reliability testing practices.
- Collaborate on improving the documentation and educational content.
- Give talks, demos, and technical workshops at conferences and meetups, virtually or in-person.
- Support the community and engage with partners.
- Build and maintain k6 extensions or other community tools.
- Advocate for end users internally by giving feedback on product features.
What you’ll bring along:
- Hands-on professional experience with technology and methodologies within the SRE and performance testing space.
- Previous experience as a Developer Advocate, or a strong will to learn.
- Able to transform dry technical topics into engaging, informative, and interesting educational materials.
- Desired experience with Go or building tools for developers.
- A self-starter attitude and ability to get things done efficiently, with passion and enthusiasm.
- Strong opinions - No fear to share your view and ideas. Willingness to give and accept critique, self-improve, and move forward.
- An iterative approach - We learn and improve our processes and activities as we progress.A team-player who works well with others as well as individually.
- Leave your ego at the door and put the team’s results before your own.
- Willingness to travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer- At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.