Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Partners - USA/NORAM (Remote First)
United States /
R&D – Engineering: Grafana /
About Grafana Labs:
There are more than 700,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include two other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs) and Grafana Tempo (for traces)
Location: This is a fully remote position and we're considering candidates in the North American time zones.
About the Grafana Enterprise Squad:
Grafana Enterprise teams work on building functionality and plugins as extensions on top of our open source projects to support the security, reliability, and scalability needs of enterprises and organisations with large deployments.
We are working closely with the rest of the Grafana teams and the daily work often spans both open source and proprietary code.
Our culture is one of remote-first and we build our teams to have a large overlap of working hours. Our teams also plan in-person team building meet-ups and also gather to attend industry conferences (currently any in-person meet-up is on hold during the COVID-19 pandemic).
What you'll work on:
The team focuses on delivering functionality from the roadmap, fixing bugs, and helping Support & Sales Engineering teams. We regularly do product research together with the UX and product team and meet with customers.
What we are looking for :
- At Grafana Labs we value diverse perspectives, it's one of our core values. The list below are qualities we also value but it is not an exhaustive list. Please do not feel that you need to check all the boxes below. We welcome individuals of various backgrounds and believe that this diverse mindset makes us stronger.
- Enjoys taking projects from conception to production and beyond. You’ll be working with other engineers, product designers and managers very closely, ability and desire on leading projects involving many stakeholders is highly appreciated. An ideal candidate would enjoy driving initiatives on their own.
- Interested in working directly with customers. Our customers interact with Grafana every day, they are at the forefront of what we do in the team and provide invaluable input. A strong candidate for this role would be interested in joining discussions with our customers, supporting them with their issues and looping back information to the team.
- Cares a lot about quality and security. Quality and security of the Grafana is at the core of what we do. Values a generalist approach to problems. While we are specializing in what we do, there are a lot of opportunities to contribute outside of your main expertise area.
- Comfortable working in a remote-first environment, communication is a key. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind and respectful.
A few of some of the things we think would be a good fit for someone who:
A selection of tools and languages we use:
- A selection of tools and technologies we use now:
- We primarily work with Go, React and TypeScript but we are happy to consider candidates with other backgrounds
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite are the main databases we support.
- We work on problems in the observability place in general (metrics, logging, tracing, monitoring, alerting).
Our hiring process:
- Video chat with one of our Talent Managers (30 mins)
- Video chat with 2 Hiring Managers (30 mins)
- Live Coding Interview with 2 Engineers (60 mins)
- Systems Design focused interview (45 mins)
- Do you still have questions for us at the end? Want to talk to a member of one of our ERGs (Employee Resource Groups)? We can also schedule a call for that!
Equal Opportunity Employer- At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.