Life Insurance Carrier Sales Associate Director (Remote US) #2740
Remote - USA /
Sales & Marketing – Enterprise Sales /
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is seeking a Life Insurance Carrier Sales Associate Director to present the Galleri multi-cancer early detection technology and GRAIL’s policyholder program to Life Insurance Carrier decision-makers and distribution partners.
This individual will possess the capabilities to fully represent GRAIL’s product portfolio and technology platform with life insurers and distributors with the responsibility of sourcing, developing, and closing new opportunities. We are looking for an ambitious, results-driven individual with excellent communication skills and a consistent track record selling to the life insurance Industry.
The Life Insurance Carrier Sales Associate Director, reports to the Head of Life Insurance Partnerships.
This is a great opportunity to leverage your proven track-record of selling to Life Insurance Customers to present our multi-cancer early detection technology. Our mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
- Build and execute a sales strategy with an emphasis on moving forward corporate objectives, revenue, and growth within your accounts
- Through a consultative approach, work directly with executives at the carrier companies
- Leverage your relationships with industry contacts, consultants, distributors and other organizations that influence carrier strategy
- Be comfortable in a “hunter” role with strong lead generation, cold-call/email, and closing skills
- Lead efforts across accounts, including prospecting new opportunities and driving them through the pipeline to closure
- Prepare integrated account plans to help identify challenges to successful customer interactions, implementing the right internal mechanisms as appropriate to mitigate them
- Work to ensure the Account’s needs are appropriately met, ensuring that GRAIL delivers a patient-focused customer experience
- Provide accurate sales forecasts and provide input on standard methodologies and challenges in the marketplace
- Deliver results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Be a thought partner across internal teams to elevate go-to-market efforts, including positioning and messaging
- Collaborate with internal teams to bring the voice of the customer in the development of GRAIL product and technology value propositions
- Develop and own Life Insurance Partnerships through strong collaboration and strategic coordination with other GRAIL roles that also support the Accounts
- Manage Account’s evolution and any potential impact to GRAIL’s strategy and monitor and ensure alignment across GRAIL on each Account’s business position
- Understand current state and emerging trends in the life insurance industry affecting carrier initiatives, distribution partnerships and policyholder offerings
- Engage, participate and represent GRAIL at virtual and in-person industry events
- Ensure access to GRAIL products is achieved in a compliant manner
Your Background Should Include
- BS/BA degree preferably with business, marketing, or actuarial studies and 10 or more years work experience
- 5 + years in a B2B enterprise sales role in the life insurance industry, with demonstrated success leading substantive revenue-generating accounts is required
- Strategic Business Development and Account strategy experience with Carriers and/or Distributors required
- Ability to build and develop customer relationships including the ability to effectively represent GRAIL and its products to senior levels of management and key thought leaders
- Innovative thinking and exceptional business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of compliance-related concepts including the laws, regulations, and policies that govern marketing and sales activities and the importance of compliance in all job-related functions
- Ability to understand, distill and communicate complex scientific and life insurance related concepts
- Experience managing innovative strategies with carriers, mutuals, or distributors (e.g new products, Insurtech, innovation) preference to a actuarial or product development background
- Proven track record of success working with life insurer executives, preferably in a role introducing new partnerships and or technologies
- Track record of exceeding expectations with objective-based goals
- Up to 50% travel required
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $127,000 - $189,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.