Senior Software Engineer #2493
Menlo Park, CA or Raleigh-Durham, NC /
Computer Science and Software Engineering – Computer Science and Software Engineering /
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
What if we could detect cancer early before symptoms begin? At GRAIL, we develop technology that detects cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom.
Grail is looking for software engineers who enjoy testing, automation, performance, build and release, and developing high-quality software. As a software engineer in test, you will be working on a broad range of software systems and projects. The focus of the role will be developing automation test frameworks and building developer tools. This role will be part of a multi-functional team developing software and automation solutions. You will work closely with DevOps, lab operations, and clinical teams developing software, comprehensive test plans, finding, tracking, and resolving bugs.
- Setting up, maintaining, and executing automated tests on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web.
- Authoring test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Investigating customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing bugs, and creating and handling bug reports.
- Working with multi-functional teams, resolving issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Managing the final quality on production release.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or similar technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering building testing infrastructure.
- Strong in QA methodologies and demonstrated prior experience in the SDET role.
- Experience with AWS technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with and track record of quickly learning new programming languages and technologies.
- Attention to detail and consistency.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience.
- Experience in Agile methodologies.
- Interest in human biology and genetics (many software engineers on our team had no prior experience in the life science industry).
- Preferred skills:
- Strong to advance the utilization of AWS.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.