Director, Program Management - Assay in Market #2910
Menlo Park, CA /
Research & Development – Product & PMO /
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
This position will provide program management and leadership expertise to GRAIL’s Commercial teams, ensuring all relevant, interdependent project milestones and deliverables are met and that activities are well executed and managed.
This role will work with cross-functional collaborators through joint project team(s), including, but not limited to, Commercial, Medical, Product, Software, Bioinformatics, and Operations stakeholders. The successful candidate will partner with product/project management and commercial team members to optimize team effectiveness and decision making, and facilitate team building and communication. The ideal candidate must have multidisciplinary experience in the healthcare/diagnostic/biotech industry. The successful candidate will be personable and professional as the role will require extensive interactions with internal teams, customers and vendors.
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project plans, timelines, and other tracking tools to enable accurate program management across various functional areas
- Schedule, organize, and drive team meeting(s): prepare and distribute agendas/minutes; track action items, and call out areas of concern to the appropriate management entity
- Facilitate communication of status updates, issues, and outcomes to the Program and Commercial Team leadership
- Lead the interfaces between functional areas, focused on Commercial functions (focused on Enterprise, but also including Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Implementation, and Commercial Operations), and ensure effective handoff and communication between teams to execute on meaningful project milestones.
- Manage resources, including timelines and deliverables, with other Project Team managers and functional heads.
- Serve as liaison between GRAIL and any external partners, as needed, to develop joint workflows, establish successful relationships, communicate requirements internally and externally, and shepherd key deliverables and milestones.
Your Background Includes
- Minimum of a BA/BS in a scientific field is required, while an advanced degree is desirable in a subject area related to biology, diagnostics, communications, or leadership.
- The ideal candidate must have 15 years+ multidisciplinary experience in the healthcare/diagnostic/biotech industry, with 8-10 years of direct project management experience on interdisciplinary or cross functional product development teams focused on clinical and business operations. Experience interacting with Quality and Regulatory teams in the development of commercial processes is desired. Project Management Certification (PMP or equivalent) is highly desired.
- The ideal candidate will also be familiar with the relevant domains of laboratory operations, especially as it relates to commercial activities (e.g. Enterprise, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Commercial Operations).
- Previous experience working with corporate partners or acting as a liaison is required. Experience working under design control and in the oncology space is highly desired.
Key Attributes for a successful candidate
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with customers and key stakeholders, good conflict management skills
- Results and detail-oriented; self-motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proactive/not passive: Motivated to solve problems and create situations to move forward while keeping the whole team intact through positive energy.
- Communication: Can distill complex scenarios/ideas into clear messages and next steps to a broad audience
- Adaptive: Can pivot quickly to new insights, direction and process while being grounded in defining what success looks like.
- "Edge": Comfortable in tough situations, can be relied on in tense circumstances, and will face difficult challenges with diplomacy and self-assurance. For example, comfortable influencing decision-making of others internally, across functions/team, and at any level.
The expected, full-time, annual salary for this role is $180,000 - 210,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.