Biostatistics and Data Management
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is located in Menlo Park, California. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Senior or Staff Biostatistician provides statistical modeling expertise to clinical development and scientific projects. This position will partner with key internal technical leads and trial statisticians to run simulations and statistical models in support of GRAIL’s clinical trial designs, product development, and scientific discovery.
- Work closely with trial Biostatisticians to provide technical support for clinical studies in the study design, sample size calculations and endpoint selection.
- Work closely with technical leads to provide technical support for scientific discoveries and product development.
- Contribute to technical presentations / posters and publications of new methodologies and scientific discoveries.
- Work on significant and unique issues that require exercising independent judgment and developing/adapting methodology.
- Stay abreast of industry and academic developments in Statistics and modeling techniques and apply to statistical modeling projects.
- Exercise best modeling and programming practices. Maintain complete programming documentation for methodology development and modeling projects.
Your Background Will Include:
- Ph.D. in Biostatistics or equivalent with 2+ years demonstrated statistical modeling experience (or MS with 5+ years) in academia or industry
- Ph.D. with 5+ years of experience will be considered at Staff level
- Strong knowledge of theoretical / applied statistics and modeling techniques
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills with a strong ability to influence
- Strong track record of posters/presentations and publications is strongly desirable
- Demonstrated success leading the statistical modeling work and publishing the results in academia or industry
- Proficient in R or Python
- Experience processing large-scale data sets
- Ability to work independently on multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player with a demonstrated track record of success in the cross-functional team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.