Senior/Staff Assay Biostatistician
Biostatistics and Data Management
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is located in Menlo Park, California. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Senior or Staff Assay Biostatistician provides statistical expertise and leadership in the development and validation of analytical assays. The Biostatistician partners with key internal stakeholders to design, analyze, and interpret pre-analytical and analytical studies in support of GRAIL’s product development.
- Provide statistical support to pre-analytical and analytical studies by contributing to experiment design, analysis, study reports, presentations, publications and regulatory filings. Have the ability to influence internal collaborators on issues of study design, statistical methods, interpretation of results.
- Provide statistical methods to support process monitoring, qualification of reagents and instruments, and the establishment of assay quality specifications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the application of statistics to Genomics, experimental design and assay optimization.
Your Background Should Include:
- 5+ years of experience in academia or industry. Molecular diagnostics or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- MS with 3+ years of experience or PhD with 0+ years of experience will be considered at the Senior level.
- Strong knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills with a strong ability to influence.
- Demonstrated success supporting the statistical portion of an NGS assay development program in industry preferred.
- Experience programming in SAS or R.
- Strong team player with demonstrated track record of success in a cross-functional team environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.