Senior Software Engineer, Test
Menlo Park, CA /
Computer Science and Software Engineering /
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
Grail is looking for software engineers who enjoy testing, automation, performance, build and release and developing high quality software. As a software engineer in test, you will be working on a broad range of software systems and projects. The focus on the role will be developing automation test frameworks and building developer tools. This role will be part of a cross-functional team developing software and automation solutions. You will work closely with devops, lab operations and clinical teams developing software, comprehensive test plans, finding, tracking and resolving bugs.
- Develop automated test frameworks that will establish product quality standards for our development process.
- Improve and measure the performance and efficiency of Grail’s engineering infrastructure and software applications.
- Build and manage our automated testing library.
- Manage and improve continuous integration.
- Find and document bugs.
- Improve testing infrastructure with accountability and scalability in mind.
- Be a user advocate.
- Participate in the development of technical tools and documentation to expedite deployment, and improve customer experience.
Your Background Should Include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics or similar technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering building testing infrastructure.
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases.
- Experience with AWS technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with and track record of quickly learning new programming languages and technologies.
- Attention to detail and consistency.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team of engineers and scientists.
- Interest in human biology and genetics (many software engineers on our team had no prior experience in the life science industry.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.