Technical Lead - Data Accessibility
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Engineering
Grand Rounds' vision is to create a path to great health and health care, for everyone, everywhere. Founded in 2011, the company provides an employer-based technology solution that connects members and their families to high-quality care. With Grand Rounds, employers get a personalized, high-performance network at scale, while their employees get the tools and support needed to navigate their care on their own terms.
Named Glassdoor’s Best Place to Work in 2019 and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds helps restore individual health and quality of life, and offers employers lower health care spend and higher employee productivity. For more information, please visit www.grandrounds.com.
Data Engineering at Grand Rounds:
The key to our success at Grand Rounds is the ability to navigate our members to higher quality health outcomes. We do this by understanding our members’ health needs and then, based on our proprietary insights, matching them to the highest quality provider that meets their needs.
The Data Accessibility Team’s responsibility is to ensure all data is readily accessible to the key business units that derive these insights, including Data Science, Product, Analytics, our Care Team, and our customers and partners.
We do this by building the APIs which drive a diverse set of front ends. We light up the mobile and desktop member experiences. We power the internal Care Team tools that allow us to deliver our services, and feed the analytics platform that allows us to mine meaningful insights that lead to better treatment decisions.
We work with purpose, alongside great colleagues to employ modern technologies to solve our challenges.
Our tech stack runs on AWS, and is driven by services built with Ruby, Scala, Java, and Python. They communicate through gRPC, REST, and GraphQL, sourcing data from Postgres, MySQL, Redis, Kafka, and Redshift.
Why we need you:
Interoperability of healthcare data is key to ensure patients receive the proper care and guidance. The reality is that this data is stuck in disparate EHR silos that are using outdated standards that limit step function innovation in the electronic interchange of this data.
Recent advancements in standards (FHIR) and the adoption of these standards by Google, Apple, Amazon, as well as the CMS pushing for interoperability through incentivized programs has led to an increase of momentum in building systems that liberate this data.
It's an exciting time and Grand Rounds is uniquely positioned to be an industry leader. We're building a dynamic team of engineers to allow us to be the hub for all healthcare data and this is an opportunity to be a key foundational member.
Your key objectives:
- Assist in the design and implementation of a robust authentication and authorization solution securing our real time data reads and writes.
- Lead key initiatives to create a rich set of Healthcare APIs, exposing and capturing data through FHIR, REST, and GraphQL that lead to differentiating advantage over our competitors.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a scalable, low latency, distributed service oriented architecture leveraging modern technology and design patterns.
Your technical strengths:
- Providing impact through software engineering and common development practices in highly collaborative and dynamic environments
- Balancing high-level architecture and design principles with strong technical know-how
- Deep understanding of web application architecture and design principles
- Applied knowledge and experience in building distributed systems through proven data architecture patterns
Your non technical strengths:
- Eagerness to challenge the status quo, balanced with a reasonable and methodical approach to effecting change
- Self-starting attitude and fearless ascent up the learning curve
- Excelling at working in a fast-paced, dynamic yet mature engineering environments
- Effectiveness with cross-functional communication and ability to achieve impact
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills for team partnering and information sharing
- Can think about problems from an out-of-the box perspective, doesn’t always default to industry norms
- Motivated by a mission oriented company
- Driven towards personal and professional growth
- Seeks end-to-end ownership and accountability
- View Software Engineering as a craft rather than a discipline
- Strive for elegance achieved through simplicity rather than cleverness
- Balance value against perfection
- Sees fast feedback and failure as a means to producing better results
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.