Nurse Care Manager- Maternity
Clinical Strategy and Services – Clinical Team /
We’re looking for Maternity Nurse Care Managers who are passionate about caring for members holistically through their healthcare journey and ensuring needs are met with industry-leading interventions.
The Nurse Care Manager will serve an invaluable role to ensure our pregnant and newly delivered patients are connected with care in an expeditious and clinically appropriate manner. Working directly with our interdisciplinary team of clinicians, specialists, and care coordinators, the Nurse will deliver integrated remote care in an innovative way. The Nurse Care Manager should enjoy spending time on the phone, listening to members’ needs, answering questions, and serving as an advocate. They should also excel at creating cohesive care plans, and should possess the clinical acumen to guide members clinically and navigate available benefits and resources, ensuring they receive longitudinal care that promotes excellent health outcomes.
- Deliver coordinated, patient-centered virtual Care Management for pregnant or recently delivered members by telephone and/or video that improves members’ health outcomes
- Generate impactful care plans together with members and our multidisciplinary care team to help members achieve the desired goals
- Help members navigate complex medical conditions, treatment pathways, benefits, and the healthcare system in general
- Partner with the members’ local providers to ensure coordinated care
- Provide compassionate, longitudinal follow-up care, building supportive relationships
- Assist throughout acute healthcare episodes, such as hospitalizations and rehabilitation stays, providing coordinated Case Management to support the member and their family
- Coordinate necessary resources that holistically address members’ problems, whether clinical or social
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Registered Nurse, licensed and in good standing with the nursing board of their state
- Reside and have an active license in a state covered by the Nurse Licensure Compact
- Willingness to become licensed in multiple states
- Knowledge and experience with all aspects of pregnancy, from early prenatal care through delivery and postpartum.
- 2+ years experience working in Maternity Care/Case Management, preferably with a payer, third-party, or population health management company/program. Experience in a maternity unit or labor & delivery is helpful.
- Experience supporting neonatal care is a plus
- Comfortable discussing a wide variety of medical conditions
- Training/experience in motivational interviewing or health coaching preferred
- Be highly empathetic. We work with patients and their families who are going through challenging times. Ideal candidates practice empathy and reassure patients that we are available to help them
- Must be able to work efficiently. We are a fast growing company and we are busy. Our team is expected to meet volume goals without sacrificing quality. Good judgment for balancing priorities is a must.
- Be flexible and comfortable with working in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Be able and willing to work until 6pm local time, with occasional weekend commitments as well
- Strictly follow security and HIPAA regulations to protect our patients’ medical information
- Be pleasant, responsive, and willing to work with and learn from our team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. A lot of time is spent on the phone with patients and families, as well as a lot of time communicating with colleagues. Therefore, the ability to gather a clinical history, answer questions at a patient level, and succinctly summarize findings is critical.
- Strong competence and ability to use multiple computer/medical record systems.
- Collaborate well across multidisciplinary teams with clinical and non-clinical members to deliver a seamless, top-quality care experience to patients.
- Ability to understand cultural and socioeconomic issues affecting members and to coordinate all available resources to serve members.
- Excellent grammar, attention to detail, and efficient at writing medical information in easy-to-understand, patient-centric language.
This is a fully remote, work from home position.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.