Part-Time Registered Nurse -no longer active
Clinical Strategy and Services – Clinical Team /
Fixed Term Part-Time
We’re committed to providing positive health outcomes to patients across the world, no matter their situation. We want everyone to have ‘insider access’ to great healthcare. At Grand Rounds, the Registered Nurse furthers this mission by ensuring that our patients understand the ‘what’, ‘how’, and ‘why’ of the medical recommendations that they receive from our team and our world-leading experts to empower them with the knowledge they need.
We are looking for clinicians who can explain complex medical situations to our patients in patient-friendly language with ease and confidence, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of medical specialties. Clinicians who thrive in this role enjoy spending time on the phone listening to our patients’ needs, answering their questions, and serving as an advocate for our patients. Our clinicians excel at creating a coherent story from complex medical records, possess the clinical acumen to guide patients safely to the right clinical care, and navigate the complex medical landscape.
In this role, our clinicians will speak with our members over the phone to provide education and navigation on COVID-19. We are seeking highly motivated clinicians who thrive in a fast paced environment, lead with empathy, and who are passionate about patient education and providing high quality, evidence-based information.
Most importantly, at Grand Rounds you will become part of the health care solution by sharing our passion for saving lives through better health care quality and raising the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere.
- Talk with patients over the phone to assess their needs, gather important clinical history, provide appropriate clinical guidance, and navigate them to high quality care
- Demonstrate empathy and excellent patient advocacy over the phone. You’ll work with patients and their families who are going through challenging times. You need to maintain perspective, demonstrate empathy, and be efficient and reassuring
- Handle a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. You need good judgement to appropriately juggle your responsibilities.
- Strictly follow security and HIPAA regulations to protect our patients’ medical information
- Collaborate across a multidisciplinary team with clinical and non-clinical members to deliver a seamless, top-quality care experience to our patients
- Participate in one of our ongoing projects (quality improvement initiatives, patient experience projects, etc.) that can be tailored to your skills and interests
- At least three years of experience as a registered nurse
- BSN required
- Be a licensed provider in good standing with your state nursing board
- Have a multi-state compact nursing license
- Excel at communicating with patients and other clinicians, and enjoy doing so
- Strong attention to detail, and be efficient at writing and communicating medical information at a patient level
- Be highly empathetic. We work with patients and their families who are going through challenging times. Ideal candidates practice empathy and reassure patients that we are available to help them
- Must be able to work efficiently. We are a fast growing company and we are busy. Good judgment for balancing priorities is a must
- Be flexible and comfortable with working in a rapidly-changing environment
- Be pleasant, responsive, and willing to work with and learn from our team
- Proficiency and comfort with technology including documenting in Electronic Health Records and using Google apps
This is a remote position, so a high speed internet connection and home computer are required.
Additionally, there is a strong preference for clinicians who can work at least 20 hours/week.
Mandatory training will be scheduled during normal business hours on the first week of employment. Candidates must be available to train Monday through Wednesday, with preference for a full week or training availability.
Grand Rounds is a tech-driven healthcare company dedicated to raising the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. By harnessing the power of technology, we connect nearly 6 million members to top-rated doctors and data-driven insights to make better informed healthcare decisions. Driven by premier thought leaders in patient care, technology, and business since 2011, our team of 900+ proudly serves Walmart, Costco, Salesforce, and over 140 of America’s top employers as a free employee benefit. Chosen as a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness, Grand Rounds thrives at the forefront of technology-driven healthcare innovation. Learn more at https://grandrounds.com/
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.