Lead Software Engineer, Data Platform
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Software Engineering
Grand Rounds provides a data-driven platform that delivers improved clinical outcomes for patients while reducing care delivery inefficiencies. To enable the perfect clinical intervention, we rely on billions of data points on patients and their medical care. Consuming, correlating and securing heterogeneous healthcare data sets and enabling real-time analytics that can save lives and improve patient outcomes is a daunting, yet rewarding task. We’re excited to continue building our systems and infrastructure into a world class platform for patient care.
We are actively building more streaming data processing pipelines as well as a rapid data exploration platform that allows our Data Science team to derive fast insights from the various types of healthcare data. This is a tremendous opportunity for data engineers to come and disrupt one of the most challenging and exciting environments that healthcare offers.
- Build data infrastructure for ETL and implement data science models on the growing number of data sets we have for patients, employers, doctors, treatments, and outcomes
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, secure, and scalable distributed software systems
- Lead development of various projects and capabilities of the platform
- Evaluate new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements in data infrastructure and engineering
- Ensure instrumentation, logging, alarming and monitoring is in place
- Lead work on improvements to our data infrastructure
- Automation of new data pipelines
- Gather requirements and work cross functionally across internal teams
- Masters degree in EE or CS preferred
- 7+ years professional experience as a software developer
- Strong design and programming skills in server platform languages, preferably Java or Scala
- Working knowledge in scripting languages like Python, Ruby
- Hands-on experience of working in scalable and distributed data environments : Kafka, Kinesis, HBase/Cassandra, Redis, RedShift, BigQuery
- Experience with open-source big data and distributed frameworks is a big plus: Hadoop, SparkExperience with data modeling and metadata management is highly desirable
- Background in distributed SQL-on-Hadoop systems like Presto is a plus
- Knowledge or experience in Search databases like ElasticSearch is a plus
- Strong experience using TDD in a production environment
- Expert proficiency with cluster management and parallel processing
- Experience with SQL, relational databases and ETL techniques
- Proven ability to work with varied forms of data infrastructure, including relational databases, Mapreduce/hadoop, and column store (e.g. Vertica/Redshift)
This is a full-time position located in San Francisco, CA. We are willing to relocate candidates, and we encourage you to apply if you feel you meet most but not all of the above requirements.
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.