Senior Analyst - Care Team Operations
Clinical Strategy and Services – Analytics /
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
Senior Analyst is a role within Grand Rounds’ Customer Insights and Analytics (CIA) team. We’re looking for a mission-driven individual who has mastered the business analyst skill set, has the ability to lead and drive impact in cross-functional projects, and has a high degree of comfort presenting to internal stakeholders.
In this role you will be streamlining existing processes through automation, developing analyses for operations and provider insights, creating detailed documentation and innovating technical solutions to complex problems. The position requires operational excellence, clear communication, and relationship-building but will challenge and grow your analytical and technical skills.
- Drive scaling efforts and efficiency improvements including significant automation of time-consuming manual tasks.
- Partner with cross-functional technical support teams to build shared resources and collaboration.
- Develop, document and deliver educational material for internal team members to support new skill development, healthcare industry knowledge development, and technical/non-technical best practices in support of their work.
- Handle significant project management and prioritization responsibilities in support of management.
- Tackle a steady flow of ad hoc special projects.
In Your First 30 Days:
- Onboard with our Analytics, Clinical, and Patient Care Management teams
- Learn and apply a critical eye to team processes for key work streams related to operational reporting and analysis
- Familiarize yourself with our weekly, monthly and quarterly reports analyzing a sampling of patient cases and datasets, and quantifying key performance indicators and efficiency metrics
- Gain familiarity with internal tools used at Grand Rounds for analytics purposes
In Your First 60 Days:
- Identify opportunities to improve current process/workflow efficiency and accuracy
- Assist in development or improvement of operational reporting and present analytics content to leadership and business partners
- Assist in enhancing or developing operations analytics capabilities to measure, refine and identify areas of opportunities
In Your First 90 Days:
- Take ownership of certain team processes including automation of existing reports
- Contribute to cross-functional projects and work streams to support internal teams
- Map business workflows and continue documentation efforts as workflows evolve
- Lead large scale analytics projects to solution for efficient Care Team operations
- Bachelor’s degree required (Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, or other related field)
- At least 5 years of experience in reporting/analytics
- Strong analytical ability and exceptional strategic instincts
- Ability to pull and join data from multiple data sources, analyze, develop initial insights and format for professional presentation
- Power user in Excel/Google Sheets and PowerPoint/Google Slides
- Experience with relational databases
- Proficiency in SQL (Advanced)
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate with peers, executives, and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships
- Track record of excellent cross-functional project execution
- Comfort with ambiguity and a fast paced, changing environment
- Advanced degree in Data Science/Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Salesforce Analytic knowledge or experience
- Experience with healthcare claims data
- Experience with advanced programming languages (e.g. Python / R)
- Experience with advanced data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Cognos, PowerBI)
Preferred but not required:
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.