Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Included Health’s mission is to improve the world’s health through compassionate care and innovation. We believe that health is personal, and means so much more than treating illness. We're proud of the care we've provided over the years and the relationships we’ve developed with our patients, as evidenced by the 5-star reviews we continually receive. People use our service to gain access to some of the best physicians and licensed therapists in the country, all whenever and wherever is most convenient. It’s as simple as opening the Grand Rounds or Doctor On Demand apps on a smartphone or computer.
Through live video visits, our hand-picked, US-trained doctors take patient history, perform an exam, and recommend a treatment plan. Prescriptions, if needed, go directly to the pharmacy of choice. While insurance isn’t required, tens of millions of Americans enjoy covered medical and mental health visits through employer and health plan partnerships. To learn more about the hundreds of medical issues we treat, visit us at IncludedHealth.com.
We are looking for a Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join a talented team in the Developer Platform engineering group. The Developer Platform group is responsible for ensuring the reliability of our cloud applications in addition to providing tools engineers can use to efficiently develop, test and deliver high-quality code to production. A successful candidate is a self-sufficient engineer, who can maintain our existing infrastructure and implement tools and practices that increase the reliability of systems and improve the velocity of deployments.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with the engineering team to evaluate, build, test, document and deliver highly available resources to support core infrastructure and Included Health’s applications
- Troubleshoot, mitigate, investigate, and resolve cloud infrastructure production issues and their underlying causes
- Maintain current environments, while working to improve the system architecture when needed
- Build tooling to enable us to deploy faster and reliably rollback
- Write code and design processes to improve the delivery of our applications
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have professional experience with AWS and Kubernetes/EKS
- You can work with CloudFormation and Terraform at an Enterprise level
- You have strong Linux/Unix administration skills
- You have written production code in a language other than BASH (we like Python and Go)
- You have experience deploying a variety of web applications
- You have a proven track record of supporting production systems, and are able to effectively coordinate cloud infrastructure incident response
- You have familiarity with Docker and Containerization of applications
- You have a strong sense of ownership and drive and are able to prioritize and work on tasks independently
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, CodeBuild/CodePipeline, Tekton
- Experience with Service Mesh tools such as Istio
- History of working in a HIPAA compliant environment
- Experience with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL
- Proficiency in a configuration management tool such as Ansible, Saltstack, Chef
- Experience with a log aggregation framework like Splunk or ELK/EFK stack
- Familiarity with Celery and RabbitMQ (or similar) for asynchronous tasks
- Redis/ElastiCache experience
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.