Head of Technical Recruiting
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Talent Acquisition /
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
About the Team:
Grand Rounds is looking for a smart and passionate Head of Technical Recruiting to join our team, reporting into the CTO. The Head of Tech Recruiting will lead our recruiting efforts to build our Engineering, Product + Design teams across the country. This role is key to supporting Grand Rounds' rapid scale.
The Head of Tech Recruiting will partner with hiring managers and executives to understand and anticipate their team's upcoming needs and priorities and how they fit into the organization as a whole. They will implement processes, strategize, and lead the recruitment process for our technical departments ensuring Grand Rounds is hiring a world class group of engineers, product managers, and technical professionals that help Grand Rounds hit its goals. Ideal candidates are excited to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, team-oriented environment.
You will oversee the entire recruiting process from role development to sourcing and closing, and ensure a high quality experience for all candidates. You will also network online and offline with potential candidates to promote the Grand Rounds brand in the appropriate engineering and development communities, reduce our time-to-hire and ensure we attract the best professionals. The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of knowledge to the team to help inform recruiting best practices, candidate management, as well as help provide mentorship to other team members.
This is a position that can be located anywhere in the US, but has the ability to occasionally visit (when appropriate) the San Francisco Headquarters as well as our Reno, Nevada and Lewiston, Maine locations.
- You thrive on partnering with Technical Hiring teams to drive all facets of the recruiting life-cycle in a fast paced startup environment
- You are passionate about building teams and company culture
- You prioritize mentorship, guidance and career development to members of your team
- Manage and mentor team members to grow Tech Recruiting functions.
- Facilitate the lifecycle of a candidate, from writing technical job descriptions, to sourcing and interacting with candidates, to administering the code tests, to coordinating with internal partners, and finally to closing the candidate.
- Analyze recruiting metrics to identify areas of improvement and provide data-driven process improvements and recruiting tool enhancements
- Coordinate with hiring and team leads to Build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and be recognized as a trusted advisor in all recruitment matters to include forecasting and facilitating hiring needs.
- Source potential candidates on well-known (LinkedIn) and niche platforms (Stack Overflow, Github, etc).
- Interview candidates combining various methods (e.g. structured interviews, technical assessments and behavioral questions).
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates.
- Participate in tech conferences and meetups to network with tech professionals.
- Actively strive to increase diversity in hiring through networking and building relationships with diversity organizations in tech.
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products.
- Manage high volume of roles at one time.
- Proven work experience, with 5 years + as a Full Cycle Technical Recruiter and 2+ years managing Technical Recruiters.
- Experience designing and implementing technical recruiting strategies in highly competitive talent markets.
- Experience collaborating with key business leaders and senior cross-functional partners.
- Experience translating data and analysis into strategic recruitment processes and recommendations.
- Experience building and scaling technical teams (Engineering, Product Management and/or Design).
- Hands-on experience with various interview formats (e.g. phone, Google Hangouts, and structured in-person).
- Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for technical roles.
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g. social media recruiting and Boolean search).
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems and resume databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of HR practices and labor legislation.
- Legally able to work in the U.S.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.