RN, Nurse Triage Department (Weekends Included)
Clinical Strategy and Services – Clinical Team /
The telephone triage nurse supports patients and their families by providing clear, safe and effective telephone triage using evidence-based processes and tools. RNs on this team will blend critical thinking skills with a decision support tool enabling safe, standardized care to our patient population.
Essential Job Duties:
- Respond promptly to each incoming call and assist patients by providing standardized care and benefits navigation
- Excel at quickly developing a friendly, yet professional rapport over the phone
- Assess symptoms and confidently determine the appropriate level of care required to safely meet the patient’s medical need, and refer them using established guidelines
- Follow standard procedures and protocols related to the triage service
- Educate and communicate recommendations to patients thoroughly in patient-friendly language
- Participate in team meetings and continuous quality improvement
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- 5 day work week including weekend coverage (must commit to work every weekend)
- Registered Nurse, currently residing and licensed in a compact state with eligibility to obtain additional state licenses
- 2+ years experience in a triage setting, preferably some of that experience being focused on phone triage, or 2+ years experience in an emergency room, or 4+ years experience in an ambulatory primary care role that included triage
- Expertise in advanced clinical decision making
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of medical conditions for both pediatric and adult populations
- Experience in engagement in complex decision making, including situations of uncertainty
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to gather a clinical history, answer questions at a patient level, and succinctly summarize findings is critical
- Strong competence and ability to use multiple computer/medical record systems, as well as Google suite
- Must be able to work efficiently. We are a fast growing company and we are busy. Our team is expected to meet role specific metrics without sacrificing quality. Good judgment for balancing priorities is a must.
- Maintain current nursing licensure by completing applications for renewal in a timely manner and complying with all requirements for continuing education.
- Self-disciplined, energetic, passionate, innovative and flexible
- Must be able to work independently remotely and work well under stress
- A team player that can follow a system and protocol to achieve a common goal
- Demonstrates sound judgment, independent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Maintain current nursing licensure by completing applications for renewal in a timely manner and by complying with all requirements for continuing education.
- Maintains professional demeanor and service-oriented patient focus to prioritize the patient experience
- Possess the ability to multitask, and using best judgement when to seek additional input from leadership
- Ability to remain seated in a stationary position for prolonged periods.
- No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of about 20 lbs. of force (e.g., picking up and computer / laptops) may be required.
- Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, laptop, and mobile devices).
Days off are consecutive and must commit to every weekend
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.