Quantitative Researcher II, Product
Product – Product Analytics /
At Included Health, our mission is to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We fix what is broken in the healthcare system to make it work better for our members: making it more personalized, seamless, and accessible. We do this by fusing technology, data, clinical insight, and empathy in a platform that makes it easier for people to get high-quality care. In doing so, we transform the way our members access healthcare, improve health outcomes for the populations we serve, and reduce the overall cost of care for our customers. We accomplish this within an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative environment.
We’re looking for a collaborative and enthusiastic Quantitative Researcher to help us optimize the impact of our products. At Included Health, you can expect to:
Grow your career. Forbes’ recently named us a Best Startup Employer, and we’ve been voted a Glassdoor Best Places to work, and a 4x Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
Partner with passionate, collaborative and brilliant people. We hire for curiosity, humility, and hunger for impact. You’ll work closely with doctors, population health experts, engineers, designers and data scientists who share a singular goal: make healthcare better.
Work from anywhere in the United States. We’re a fully distributed company and we provide the tools, culture and a monthly stipend to make your work setup work for you.
Solve hard problems and have unparalleled impact. We’re taking healthcare head-on. End each day knowing that your work is transforming a $3.6 trillion industry and millions of people’s lives for the better.
Hop on a rocketship. We recently became the second-biggest virtual care provider in the US, and we’re growing fast!
About the role:
This opportunity is ideal for someone with a background in quantitative analysis for strategic impact. This Quantitative Researcher will partner closely with Product Managers, Technical Leads, Care and Clinical Leads and the various Data Orgs to create visibility into key indicators of product performance and discover unanticipated insights from data that inform key decision making. Data analysis will require understanding and wrangling messy, complex product and healthcare data, synthesizing key insights, and telling compelling data stories (dashboards, presentations) to communicate key findings in a compelling manner to stakeholders. This is a senior role where the researcher will independently drive research projects in collaboration with multiple cross functional teams
We’re looking for candidates with a passion for healthcare, an eagerness to learn new skills, and the desire to do whatever it takes to help the team. They must be able to demystify and remove the complexity from healthcare, finding opportunities to:
*Hone our understanding of which patients need us and why
*Better engage and navigate members to the services that will ultimately lead to better health outcomes at lower cost
*Scale our impact so we can bring our services to more people in need
Examples of projects in collaboration with Data Science, Product, and Care & Clinical teams:
- Identify the highest need members for whom we can drive the best health outcomes and healthcare savings based on their healthcare use and social determinants of health
- Define clinical quality models to power the tool we use to match members to high quality providers
- In the early stages of the pandemic, creating a method of predicting which providers were most likely to provide telemedicine, increasing members’ access to care
- Analyzing call notes using NLP-derived topic tags to understand why members call us and how well we are meeting their needs
- Defining a comprehensive service quality “scorecard” for our call centers to ensure we have a holistic view of quality
- Assessing key opportunities to reduce our costs so that we may serve more members
What you'll do:
- Develop a deep understanding of how users are using our products
- Understand utilization patterns and identify areas for improvement through deep dives into the drivers of utilization trends
- Prototype novel approaches to measuring or inferring product performance
- Develop dashboards with key visualizations for tracking product performance
- Impact the product roadmap by sharing key insights distilled from quantitative research
What makes you a great fit:
- 3+ years of work experience in highly quantitative roles
- Excellent analytical ability and strategic intuition
- Experience in a consumer-facing product environment is desired
- Ability to independently lead research projects with a major quantitative component
- Ability to navigate and join across multiple complex data sets in using relational databases (examples include SQL, Pandas, R)
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills
- You excel with collaborative projects that include cross-functional teams
- Experience creating dashboards in Looker or Tableau is a plus
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.