Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
Product – Design
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
Healthcare is confusing. It’s hard to access, to understand, and to ensure you’re getting the right care that leads to the right outcomes. Grand Rounds exists to make a difference in all of it. Our vision is to craft a path to great health and health care, for everyone, everywhere. We work alongside company’s insurance plans, helping to guide people to the best care for them.
We’re a tight, collaborative team of product designers, marketing designers, and user experience researchers, working in close partnership with our product management and engineering teams. We are passionate advocates for all our users - from our award-winning Care Team, to our doctors and clinicians, to the members that use our products every day. We realize that we have the opportunity to transform a confusing and archaic system and we relish the challenge of making life better for the people that need us the most.
We’re looking for a Product Designer craft a better future with us. Somebody who can envision and deliver delightful, insightful, and engaging experiences which will guide our Members to achieve better health outcomes. You’ll help us transform how people access, understand, and interact with their care.
You have crafted and delivered insightful experiences that brought clarity to complex situations. You possess an innate curiosity and a drive to understand people’s motivation and behavior. You think systemically and find joy in figuring out how all the pieces fit together. You love educating people on how to best uncover and address user needs through elegant and insightfully designed experiences.
Cross-functional peers across the organization come to you for advice on how to better understand the impact they’re delivering in marketing, sales, and product. Your clear and inviting communication brings people along, and your empathy and connection help them effectively reach their users.
You build positive relationships with product managers, engineers, and front-line support. You value open and honest discussion and are always looking to learn. You wholeheartedly empathize with the human side of the patient experience and want to make healthcare delightful.
- A body of work that clearly demonstrates insight, empathy, and an ability to tackle complex problems on behalf of users
- Minimum 6 years of experience in design, with an emphasis on shipping useful, usable, and delightful products
- Mastery of current design tools, responsive web design standards, and the current state-of-the-art for consumer-facing experiences
- Passionate advocacy for high-quality design, execution, and implementation of interactive web sites and mobile apps.
- Experience developing, testing, and refining concepts based on research, insights, and brand vision.
- Comfort managing a project from inception through execution.
- Able to see the broader picture while delighting in the quality and nuance of the specifics.
- Compelling communication capabilities. You understand that sharing the insights is the most impactful part of what you do.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.