Engineering Manager, Data Engineering
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
We’re making a bold bet: we believe that we can establish competitive advantage by making complex healthcare data simple to use and understand. This role is the engineering manager to lead the team responsible for designing and implementing our data model.
Grand Rounds is leading the charge in a new healthcare benefits space known as navigation: we reduce the complexity of accessing the right healthcare. As a healthtech company, our use of data is why we’ve been successful up until this point. Our bottleneck is the ability of data scientists, machine learning experts and quantitative researchers to understand how to use our valuable datasets.
The bold bet: we can make this data much simpler to use, and thereby scale the results and innovation that we drive in the nascent space. When we’re successful, our patients will get to better outcomes and our customers will save more on healthcare expenses.
- Scale the results that our data professionals achieve
- Build the roadmap that delivers simple data to our data professionals, enabling them to find insights in our data that improve our products
- Have an intense user focus, and deeply understand the business’s data needs
- Coach, mentor and hire strong engineering talent
- Establish technical vision and clear, unambiguous goals for the team
- Set the bar for the quality of technical and product solutions that the team ships
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach a strong software engineering team
- Entrepreneurial and ability to think from first principles
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer and a track record of delivering strong solutions in challenging environments
- Interest and curiosity for practical solutions that improve healthcare
- Strong empathy for your team, internal data consumers, our members, customers and peers
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.