Staff Product Designer
San Francisco, CA /
Product – Design /
Grand Rounds is a tech-driven healthcare company dedicated to raising the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. By harnessing the power of technology, we connect nearly 6 million members to top-rated doctors and data-driven insights to make better informed healthcare decisions. Driven by premier thought leaders in patient care, technology, and business since 2011, our team of 800+ proudly serves Walmart, Costco, Salesforce, and over 140 of America’s top employers as a free employee benefit. Chosen as a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and a UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness, Grand Rounds thrives at the forefront of technology-driven healthcare innovation.
Healthcare is confusing. It’s hard to access, hard to understand, and hard to ensure you’re getting the right care that leads to the right outcomes. Grand Rounds exists to make a difference in all of it. Our vision is to raise the standards of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. We work alongside a company’s insurance plans, helping to guide people to the best care for them.
We’re a tight-knit, collaborative team of Product Designers and Researchers, working in close partnership with our Product Management and Engineering teams. We are passionate advocates for all of our users. We build tools for our award-winning Care Team, our Doctors, and our Clinicians, to empower them to provide the best possible care for our members. We build apps to help our members get easy access to the healthcare and information they need, anytime, anywhere. We’re passionate about improving the health and lives for our members, and transforming the confusing and archaic health system.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to build a better future for healthcare with us. We’re looking for an experienced designer who can envision and deliver delightful, insightful, and engaging experiences for new digital healthcare products.
You are a Designer that is focused on your customers and is able to find clarity when working with complex systems. You are curious and have a drive to understand people’s motivations and behavior. You think systemically and like figuring out how all the pieces of a system fit together. You enjoy teaching others on how to best uncover and address user needs through elegant and insightfully designed experiences.
Cross-functional peers across the organization come to you for advice on how to better understand the impact they’re delivering in product, marketing, and sales. Your clear and inviting communication brings people along, and your empathy and connection help them effectively reach their users.
You build positive relationships with product managers, engineers, and front-line support. You value open and honest discussion and are always looking to learn. You wholeheartedly empathize with the human side of the patient experience and want to make healthcare delightful.
* We are headquartered in San Francisco but this person can sit anywhere in the US.
- A body of work that clearly demonstrates insight, empathy, and an ability to tackle complex problems on behalf of users.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in design, with an emphasis on shipping useful, usable, and powerful professional tools.
- Mastery of current design tools, responsive web design standards, and the current state-of-the-art for consumer-facing experiences.
- Passionate advocacy for high-quality design, execution, and implementation of enterprise, support, or B2B apps.
- Experience developing, testing, and refining concepts based on research, insights, and brand vision.
- Comfort managing a project from inception through execution. Able to see the broader picture while delighting in the quality and nuance of the specifics.
- Compelling communication capabilities. You understand that telling the story or our work is one of the most impactful parts of what we do.
- Enterprise experience within the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Deep understanding of the Lightning design framework.
- Partnership with engineering to build and extend UI frameworks that translate design concepts into fully realized code elements.
- Experience with Design Sprints as a participant or as a moderator.
- Real passion for medical and health care services, and a belief that technology can transform how we access and utilize healthcare.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.