Technical Lead, Applications
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Engineering
Grand Rounds' vision is to create a path to great health and health care, for everyone, everywhere. Founded in 2011, the company provides an employer-based technology solution that connects members and their families to high-quality care. With Grand Rounds, employers get a personalized, high-performance network at scale, while their employees get the tools and support needed to navigate their care on their own terms.
Named Glassdoor’s Best Place to Work in 2019 and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds helps restore individual health and quality of life, and offers employers lower health care spend and higher employee productivity. For more information, please visit www.grandrounds.com.
We are seeking an Tech Lead to come join our growing Product Engineering team. You love the hands-on work but are equally excited about growing the team and evangelizing best practices within it. You have a strong desire to employ the latest in front-end technologies and will drive innovation with them.
As a Grand Rounds Tech Lead you'll be taking command of our existing client applications and leading the initiative to standardize into reusable components and libraries. You'll be closely partnered with Product and Design to instrument a design specification allowing us to quickly iterate and adapt different visual themes to our interfaces.
You'll also be a key member of an agile development team, bringing innovation to life within our products. This includes to opportunity to work on our full technology stack. Both the front-end components and the backend service.
In your first 30 days, you will:
- Gain an understanding of our infrastructure and architecture by working closely with an engineer mentor
- Contribute code running on Production providing better health outcomes for our users
- Become a member of an Agile team, working closely with Product, Design, and QA to deliver continuous user value
In your first 60 days, you will:
- Participate in Engineering Demo Days where engineers highlight progress made in the last iteration
- Attend pointing sessions where implementation and requirements are reviewed and estimated for the next iteration of work
- Take part in peer code reviews and code pairing
In your first 90 days, you will:
- Become involved in the scoping and planning for our next generation of frontend components
- Contribute to architecture workshops by investigating and proposing solutions that help some of our most challenging technological problems
- Become a valued resource on our team by helping other engineers troubleshoot problems, pair through code sessions, and wow your peers with creative approaches to complex problems
- Be self motivated with the ability to make smart decisions and ask questions when necessary
- Build, test, and deploy user facing components of our applications
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and other members of the engineering team to deliver our user facing products
- Measure and optimize the performance of web applications at scale
- Work with the team to continue development of best practices, mentor other team members, and investigate new technologies
- Bachelors or Masters in EE or CS, or relevant experience
- 5+ years of professional frontend development
- Experience building complex React/Redux applications
- Familiarity with Jest, Webpack, Yarn
- Solid understanding of web UI best-practices and standards
- Strong understanding of accessibility guidelines and best practices
- Thorough understanding of RESTful api and application design
- Knowledge of iOS and Android development and deployments with React Native
- Experience in our other technologies a bonus: Ruby, Rails, RSpec, Capybara, Konacha, AWS, Docker, CoreOS
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.