Senior Product Manager, Data Products
San Francisco, CA
Product – Product
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
About the Role:
Grand Rounds is all about delivering the right type of care at the right time through the right means. Sometimes care is delivered through conversations with our internal physicians, sometimes it is through experts who work with us remotely, and other times it is by us matching patients to high quality providers for in office visits. Having as much information about providers as possible helps us make the best possible matches. Moreover, being able to directly share information with providers, like scheduling or records, makes the experience seamless for the patient. We are looking to bring on a Senior Product Manager who can help drive the systems that power our search and recommendation tools as well as own our interoperability strategy with providers.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will collaborate with multiple internal teams, including our care operations, data engineering, and data science teams. You will help us build the systems to digitally retrieve and share information with some of the largest provider groups in the country. You will help us build the systems that determine which providers a patient is allowed to go to but more importantly should go to. You will help us build relationships with third parties to expand the data sets we use to give patients more insight into their provider options.
The role offers the chance to develop a wide range of skills while tackling new, unanticipated challenges on a daily basis. In particular, you will develop a deep understanding of the healthcare system and the impact of medical decision making on both health outcomes and spending. We’re looking for candidates with a passion for healthcare, a love large data sets, an eagerness to learn new skills, and the desire to do whatever it takes to help the team.
- Lead our provider data efforts and roadmap, including the accuracy and integrity of our data
- Take ownership of our interoperability strategy
- Work closely with Product Managers, Design and User Research, Care/Med Team, Engineers, and Data Scientists to go after key opportunities to improve conversion, clinical outcome and financial savings
- Evaluate current product performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop a deep understanding of how users are using Grand Rounds products and how patients leverage the healthcare system generally (with or without Grand Rounds)
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager
- 5+ years experience working with engineering, design and research teams developing software products and technologies
- A track record of delivering highly collaborative projects that include cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical ability and strategic intuition
- Ability to lead both quantitative and qualitative research projects
- Self-starter, who can work independently and proactively to resolve issues
- Proven ability to handle ambiguity
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills
- Experience working with recommendation or search engines
- Experience being part of teams building, delivering and supporting large-scale, complex, high availability products
- BA/BS in computer science or experience as a software engineer
- Bonus points for experience with HL7/ FHIR
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.