Senior Engineering Manager, Member Experience
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
We are looking for a product minded senior engineering leader with passion for frontend and mobile engineering to lead and mentor our Member Experience Engineering Team. The right person will be a seasoned organizational and people leader, with experience growing teams and delivering impactful work.
The ideal candidate will not only have broad engineering experience, but will be passionate about emerging technologies, engineering and technology best practices, recruiting and building top performing, happy and motivated teams.
- Lead the Grand Rounds Member Experience Engineering team through its next phase of growth.
- Hire, retain and grow amazing engineering technical talent for Grand Rounds.
- Play a key role during the creative process, setting the technical vision and leading technical decisions (including all associated functional areas) to ensure the team writes great, simple, clean, and efficient code to create intuitive / beautiful products
- Ability to be hands on as and when needed. Not afraid to dig into code, do code reviews as well as critique architecture and technical design
- Understand the Grand Rounds set of products, partner with other engineering teams, data science, product and other relevant teams to create solutions for specific customer implementations.
- Build and grow a customer centric, engineering organization that will match the scale and growth of Grand Rounds. Communicate regular updates to internal stakeholders.
- A visionary leader with the ability to inspire engineering professionals to succeed in a fast changing and highly competitive market, keeping the team focused on breakthrough strategies and tactics to best leverage the resources of a fast growing company all the while encouraging a “mission-first” mentality.
- A mature understanding of how to create a scalable product while keeping our member experience in mind every step of the way.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a highly technical engineering team while also demonstrating the ability to discuss, understand and synthesize solutions for the business needs and data management requirements of other organizational units.
- Ability to collaborate with business unit leadership as well as individual members of the team with strong empathy, and ability to creatively problem solve.
- Possess the ability to bring clarity when faced with ambiguity, while motivating and leading team contributors through complex problem domains.
- Willing to be flexible in search of generating the desired results while still leading with a bias for action. Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Entrepreneurial thinker; ability to innovate, think outside the box.
- As an experienced leader, the qualified candidate will have had significant engineering experience with technical depth and breadth.
- Previous work experience should include projects which have built and delivered high-throughput high-capacity, secure data acquisition, processing and management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Science disciplines, or comparable STEM related degree, Master’s degree (MBA or Technical) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an organizational and people leader.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.