Lead Software Engineer - Business Intelligence Platform
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Data Engineering
Grand Rounds' vision is to create a path to great health and health care, for everyone, everywhere. Founded in 2011, the company provides an employer-based technology solution that connects members and their families to high-quality care. With Grand Rounds, employers get a personalized, high-performance network at scale, while their employees get the tools and support needed to navigate their care on their own terms.
Named Glassdoor’s Best Place to Work in 2019 and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds helps restore individual health and quality of life, and offers employers lower health care spend and higher employee productivity. For more information, please visit www.grandrounds.com.
You will lead the team that provides the data to power our business. You will build data pipelines, data models, data warehouses, data lakes. You will influence the architecture of our engineering platform to better wrangle all data relevant to our business. Your role is highly cross-functional and the systems that your team owns power engineering, data science, analytics, our care team, sales, growth marketing and more. Data that your team provides will empower our clinicians to improve healthcare and healthcare outcomes for our patients.
Above all, you’re a software engineer that’s passionate about enabling people to access and visualize data.
- Lead development of architecture and standards for our data warehouses
- Serve as the go-to person for Business Intelligence capabilities and available data sets
- Gather requirements and work cross functionally across internal teams
- Architect, build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to data customers
- Architect and build data infrastructure to route data through our stack and into warehouse
- Build a two-year roadmap and vision for data warehousing at Grand Rounds
- Mentor and coach warehouse and data engineers
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, secure, and scalable distributed software systems
- Develop expertise on healthcare data sets and lead their modeling to enable insights
- Implement tools that helps your data customers to extract, analyze, and visualize data faster
- Evaluate new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements in data infrastructure and engineering
- 5+ years professional experience as a software developer, including experience as a technical lead
- Leading design and implementation of data warehouses and related technologies (Plus: Redshift, Looker)
- Experience architecting and designing data models
- Mastery of SQL and ETL techniques
- Development experience with an interpreted scripting language (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Development experience with an object-oriented language (e.g. Java, C++)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field
This is a full-time position located in San Francisco, CA. We are willing to relocate candidates, and we encourage you to apply if you feel you meet most but not all of the above requirements.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.