Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
Clinical Strategy and Services – Clinical Team
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
The Clinical Team Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will serve an invaluable role to ensure our patients are connected with care in an expeditious and clinically appropriate manner. Working directly with our team of Staff Physicians, Care Coordinators, and Records Specialists, the NP / PA will also have opportunities to triage incoming cases, guide patients through the expert opinion process, review medical records, prepare cases for expert review, assist with patient follow up, and contribute to team projects aimed at improving delivery of care to our patients.
*This is a work-from-home opportunity
*Fulltime, with the ability to work until 6pm local time
In your first 30 days, you will:
- Onboard with the Grand Rounds Medical Team
- Complete training on simulated Grand Rounds Expert Opinion cases
- Begin coordinating Expert Opinion cases with guidance and feedback from senior Grand Rounds physicians and the training team
- Begin performing patient intake and follow-up calls with patients and their families
In your first 60 days, you will:
- Expand your work to other common clinical topics (oncology, orthopedics, neurology, etc)
- Learn about and cross train in other clinical care opportunities such as Office Visits, case triage, and patient follow-up
In your first 90 days, you will:
- Collaborate with the team of Staff Clinicians in process and patient care improvement initiatives
- Begin developing a personal growth and development plan with your manager
- Demonstrate empathy and excellent patient advocacy over the phone. You’ll work with patients and their families who are going through challenging times. You need to maintain perspective, demonstrate empathy, efficient and reassuring.
- Handle a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. You need good judgement to appropriately juggle your responsibilities.
- Strictly follow security and HIPAA regulations to protect our patients’ medical information.
- Be pleasant, responsive, and willing to work with and learn from our team.
- Collaborate well across a multidisciplinary team with clinical and non-clinical members to deliver a seamless, top-quality care experience to patients.
- At least 5 years' experience as a licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Be a licensed nurse practitioner or physician assistant in good standing with the medical board of your state.
- Oncology or Hematology experience a plus
- Excel at communicating with patients and physicians, and enjoy doing so.
- Strong attention to detail, and be efficient at writing medical information at a patient level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will spend a lot of time on the phone with patients and families, therefore the ability to gather a clinical history, answer questions, and give a great “phone experience” is critical.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.