Senior Product Marketing Manager - Segment Marketing
Seattle, WA /
Marketing – Marketing /
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
About the role:
We are hiring for a high-flying segment marketer to lead our marketing efforts within specific high-value market segments. As a member of the Enterprise Marketing department, you will report into the leader of the customer acquisition product marketing vertical You will identify key market segments of interest, develop segment-specific product messaging and positioning, build effective content, partner with Demand Generation to launch effective segment-specific marketing campaigns, and support our go-to-market teams through tools and training. In order to drive serious demand and rapid adoption, each of your segment efforts will clearly articulate the value to be had from Grand Rounds’ solutions in terms that resonate with each market segment.
You know how to wield data and analysis to tell a crisp, compelling story. You have the skills to diagnose our prospects’ complex business challenges and formulate compelling content that demonstrates our value proposition and convinces our prospects to trust your recommendations. By leveraging our proprietary data, market research, clinical knowledge, established positioning and packaging, you will build outstanding messaging, content, tools, analyses and reports that will tee up high quality leads for our go-to-market teams. Most importantly, you will continuously improve and build out your content as the market evolves and you become more familiar with our prospects and segments. Your efforts will increase our market opportunity, accelerate our sales cycles and ensure that our prospects purchase the right services to achieve their population health goals. All the while, you will strengthen our credibility within the market set through robust and insightful contributions to the sales team.
The position requires sound strategic thinking but is ultimately about effective marketing, communication, and relationship-building both internally and externally. We are a small team in a scaling organization and you will have an opportunity to create instant and lasting impact. You will collaborate across our marketing, product, clinical and go-to-market teams to refine our narrative into punchy, insightful content that the sales team can wield in their live opportunities. Expect a steady flow of special projects, as well.
In your first 30 days:
- Onboard with our product, marketing, go-to-market and clinical teams
- Ground yourself in a deep understanding of our teams, products and services
- Learn the current and historical approaches to our positioning, packaging and pricing strategies
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers and their needs, and begin to recognize patterns that will help you identify high priority segments
In your first 60 days:
- Shadow the sales leaders in prospect meetings and learn how to effectively communicate with different types of prospects
- Interview key stakeholders to continue building upon your perspective for key segments
In your first 90 days:
- Research the market, develop a ranking criteria and run your segments of interest through your criteria to land on a prioritized set of segments to pursue
- Present your segment priorities to go-to-market leaders and align on the key segments to prioritize
- Develop a roadmap to unlock these segments, and begin to execute against your roadmap
- Identify high quality market segments to pursue and develop the messaging and content that will draw those buyers to us. You will cultivate a deep understanding of the market as a whole and the important differences between firm types and segments. Through analytical, qualitative and observational research, you will build a clear case for segment prioritization and then lead the .
- Build and maintain a database of customer needs and variations by segment, and develop processes and trainings to ensure that our product, clinical and go-to-market teams are acutely aware of the different types of needs by segment
- Find, deliver and enhance effective tactics and sales plays for each industry segment
- Partner with our Demand Generation team to launch effective segment-specific marketing campaigns to attract high quality leads to our organization
- 7+ years of marketing experience that required thoughtful and strategic narrative work
- Exceptional strategic instincts and strong analytical abilities
- Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills
- Superior storytelling skills to weave a compelling visual narrative
- Sound business judgement and problem framing
- Enthusiastic collaborator who is able to effectively work across teams with many different stakeholders
- Deep interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance and execute multiple projects concurrently
- Desire and ability to succeed in a demanding, creative, and entrepreneurial environment
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.