Principal Designer, UI and Design Systems
San Francisco, CA
Product – Design
Grand Rounds' vision is to create a path to great health and health care, for everyone, everywhere. Founded in 2011, the company provides an employer-based technology solution that connects members and their families to high-quality care. With Grand Rounds, employers get a personalized, high-performance network at scale, while their employees get the tools and support needed to navigate their care on their own terms.
Named Glassdoor’s Best Place to Work in 2019 and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds helps restore individual health and quality of life, and offers employers lower health care spend and higher employee productivity. For more information, please visit www.grandrounds.com.
Healthcare is confusing. It’s hard to access, to understand, and to ensure you’re getting the right care that leads to the right outcomes. Grand Rounds exists to make a difference in all of it. Our vision is to craft a path to great health and health care, for everyone, everywhere. We work alongside company’s insurance plans, helping to guide people to the best care for them.
We’re a tight, collaborative team of product designers, marketing designers, and user experience researchers, working in close partnership with our product management and engineering teams. We are passionate advocates for all our users - from our award-winning Care Team, to our doctors and clinicians, to the members that use our products every day. We realize that we have the opportunity to transform a confusing and archaic system and we relish the challenge of making life better for the people that need us the most.
We’re looking for a Principal Designer to craft a better future with us. Somebody who can envision and deliver delightful, insightful, and engaging experiences which will guide our Members to achieve better health outcomes. You’ll help us transform how people access, understand, and interact with their care.
You’re excited to own an entire design system and styleguide end-to-end. You have crafted and delivered insightful experiences that brought clarity to complex situations. You think in terms of design frameworks and see how all the pieces visually fit together and work in harmony with each other. You love educating people on the merits of gradients versus textures. You possess a deep and abiding fondness for fonts and look for ways to bring together styles in engaging and unusual combinations.
Cross-functional peers across the organization come to you for advice on how to better understand the impact they’re delivering in marketing, sales, and product. Your clear and inviting communication brings people along, and your empathy and connection help them effectively reach their users.
Your work demonstrates your strengths, and an innate curiosity to understand people’s needs and working styles. You build positive relationships with product managers, engineers, and front-line support. You value open and honest discussion and are always looking to learn. You wholeheartedly empathize with the human side of the patient experience and want to make healthcare delightful.
- A body of work that clearly demonstrates insight, empathy, and an ability to tackle complex problems on behalf of users.
- Passionate advocacy for high-quality design, execution, and implementation of interactive web sites and mobile apps.
- Ownership in building and shipping design systems. Deep expertise about typography, layout, and color exploration. And a willingness to make the whole team smarter about their uses.
- Meaningful contributions to mobile apps and sites that have seen broad consumer adoption.
- 8+ years of experience in design, with an emphasis on shipping useful, usable, and delightful products.
- Experience developing, testing, and refining concepts based on research, insights, and brand vision.
- Mastery of current design tools, responsive web design standards, and the current state-of-the-art for consumer-facing experiences.
- Compelling communication capabilities. You understand that sharing the insights is the most impactful part of what you do.
- Partnership with engineering to build and extend UI frameworks that translate design concepts into fully realized code elements.
- Fluency in iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Material design standards
- Collaboration with Sales and Marketing to refine messaging so it reflects the power of the brand and the tools.
- Experience with Design Sprints.
- Real passion for the Grand Rounds product suite; belief that our services can transform how we access and utilize healthcare.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.