Product Manager - Marketplace
Product Team /
Graphite is a high-growth “gig economy” company that is powering the future of work. Our mission is to enable seamless access to the world’s best independent talent. The Graphite platform connects Fortune 2000 companies with highly skilled independent talent for on-demand, remote freelance work. Over 50% of the workforce is expected to be independent by 2027, and Graphite is capitalizing on the megatrend of freelancing and remote work becoming embedded in the global economy. The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated a major shift in the economy towards remote work, creating a tailwind and causing our business and industry to explode in 2021.
Graphite has raised $20M from top tier venture capital firms, including Valor Equity Partners, Accomplice, Communitas Capital, Alumni Ventures Group and Correlation Ventures.
About the role
As the Product Manager on the Marketplace team you will collaborate with partners to create a long-term winning strategy, break that strategy down into a roadmap, then collaborate cross functionally to execute that roadmap.
Your high level goals will be to (a) translate our go to market strategy to win over clients and experts into a prioritized backlog and roadmap that engineering can execute on (b) use data to help prioritize features and gauge adoption of new capabilities you launch in Graphite. You will join a relatively new, but high-functioning team across Engineering and Product Design leading product definition, prioritization, and optimization.
- Product Management: Own the product roadmap and backlog to enable clients and expert success on the Graphite marketplace. Deliver detailed epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria as required.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: You’ll work closely with leaders in Engineering, Design, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and more to deliver on your goals.
- Thoughtful Product Solutions: You’ll leverage your user research and data exploration as inputs resulting in creative product solutions.
- Data Driven Decisions: Leverage qualitative and quantitative signals to improve product flows and propose high-impact opportunities.
- Execution: Manage a backlog, ensure seamless execution, document learnings and work day to day with engineering and design to unblock projects.
- Clear Communication: Communicate progress and learnings across the company, including leadership.
What We're Looking For
- Startup experience: You have founded or worked at a fast-growing startup either on it’s own or within a larger company.
- You have 3+ years of product management experience launching new features, analyzing results, and iterating.
- Ability to define new product initiatives based on an understanding of customer and stakeholder pain points
- You understand the levers that drive the business and you use them to inform your product priorities
- You own the product management artifacts in your current role: user stories, epics, one pagers, acceptance criteria, etc.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to prioritize projects from multiple stakeholders in an effective way
- Data-driven and results-oriented approach to product, experience with tools such as Amplitude or Mixpanel is a plus.
- Technically conversant and comfortable driving features with technical requirements is a plus.
- Experience developing low-fi rapid prototypes using Figma/Sketch to communicate product requirements is a plus.
- Experience with B2B software, HR tech/staffing, marketplace products is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits: 100% employer coverage of health, dental, & vision insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Flexible vacation policy
- Customized workstation
- Choice of remote or in-office