Director In Vivo Translational Science
South San Francisco /
Graphite Bio is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on harnessing the power of targeted DNA integration. Graphite Bio uses next-generation CRISPR based technology platforms for developing curative gene correction-based stem cell therapies for serious and life-threatening genetic diseases with inadequate existing treatment options
Graphite Bio is seeking a talented scientific strategist and experienced people leader to direct our in vivo translational and pharmacology team. This candidate will oversee In Vivo Translation and work closely with cell therapy product and research discovery teams to execute in vivo studies, executed in-house or through CROs. This is a cross-functional leadership role integral to multiple projects focused on developing novel therapeutics to improve stem cell transplantation and next-gen cellular therapies. Effective communication, strategic planning,Wha and improved research operations are key responsibilities of this role.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the in vivo translational stem cell group that supports models and in vivo assays to support our discovery and IND-enabling studies for our adoptive cell therapies. Model development to support our cell engraftments across a range of therapeutic indications and next-gen discovery programs.
- Support pharmacology efforts to advance projects as required.
- Provide strategic and scientific leadership as part of cross-functional research teams.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert for the design, execution, and interpretation of pharmacology experiments across the portfolio.
- Plan, resource and prioritize in-house and outsourced pharmacology activities.
- Manage, guide, and mentor the in vivo pharmacology team, and oversee vivarium operations.
- Provide support and guidance for in vivo work with several exciting external academic/industry collaborators and with CROs.
What You Will Bring:
- Ph.D. with 10+ years of industry experience or BS/MS with 15+ years of industry experience in drug discovery and development settings.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an in vivo team and to advance programs from discovery through lead optimization.
- Experience with adoptive cell therapy, with stem cell experience preferred.
- Experienced in delivering high-quality non-clinical data packages for therapeutics candidates for cellular or antibody products.
- Ability to work productively with, and influence, diverse project leads and work with cross-functional project teams.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, and demonstrated ability to manage by influence and problem solve in a highly matrixed organization.
- Experience working in cultures where courage, commitment, and excellence are the backbone of the leadership profile.
Fit with Graphite Bio’s culture:
Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual
Values-based leadership consistent with Graphite Bios’ Core Values
Excitement about the vision and mission of Graphite Bio
Competitive salary with equity
Graphite Bio is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.