Senior Research Associate, Biomarker Assay
South San Francisco /
Graphite Bio is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on harnessing the power of targeted DNA integration. Graphite Bio uses next-generation CRISPR based technology platforms for developing curative gene correction-based stem cell therapies for serious and life-threatening genetic diseases with inadequate existing treatment options
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Research Associate to join the Translational Science team. This role will be responsible for supporting the development, execution, and data analysis of exploratory biomarker assaysfor Graphite Bio’s clinical development programs.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and execute biomarker assays to advance clinical development of Graphite Bio’s novel gene editing platform
- Conduct clinical testing using established biomarker/translational assays to support Graphite Bio clinical studies
- Ensure quality handling of clinical samples and scientific rigor in assay execution to generate high-quality data
- Write and review SOPs and ensure high-quality documentation for regulatory submissions and publications.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, molecular biology, cell biology, or equivalent plus 5 years relevant lab experience or Masters degree plus 2 years relevant lab experience
- Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry assays using both whole blood or isolated cells
- Experience handling and processing whole blood and other biological material
- Hands-on experience with any of the following preferred: Cell isolation and enrichment from whole blood, flow cytometry, HSC assays, ELISA, ddPCR
- Experience running assays on clinical samples highly desirable
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of clinical trial research and GCLP regulations preferred
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal, and scientific writing skills.
- Ability to positively impact company culture and demonstrate flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
Fit with Graphite Bio’s culture:
Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual
Values-based leadership consistent with Graphite Bios’ Core Values
Excitement about the vision and mission of Graphite Bio
Competitive salary with equity
Graphite Bio is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.