Senior Research Associate In Vivo Animal Technician
South San Francisco /
Graphite Bio is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on harnessing the power of targeted DNA integration. Graphite Bio uses next-generation CRISPR based technology platforms for developing curative gene correction-based stem cell therapies for serious and life-threatening genetic diseases with inadequate existing treatment options
We are seeking a talented Senior Research Associate In Vivo Animal Technician to drive in vivo research and development activities for our translational pipeline based on gene correction in hematopoietic stem cells. You will be planning and executing experiments using gene edited mouse and human HSPCs to cure genetic diseases.
What You Will Do:
- Plan and perform in vivo studies of humanized mouse models as well as mouse models of genetic disease.
- Coordinate with CROs to execute experiments.
- Conduct mouse procedures including IV and IP injections, processing of blood and tissue from transplanted animals, production of gene-edited HSPCs for xenotransplantation, and downstream analysis.
- Draw appropriate conclusions effectively and communicate scientific data internally.
- Ensure high-quality documentation for regulatory submissions, manuscripts, abstracts, and publications.
- Support multiple project teams in a matrix organization.
What You Will Bring:
- 3-5 years work experience in biotech, pharmaceutical industry, and/or academic settings.
- 1 year experience with in vivo procedures for preclinical models.
- Background in stem cell biology, neuroscience, molecular biology, or immunology preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal, and scientific documentation skills.
- Experience with electronic lab notebooks a plus.
- Proven ability to positively impact company culture and demonstrate flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
Fit with Graphite Bio’s culture:
Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual
Values-based leadership consistent with Graphite Bios’ Core Values
Excitement about the vision and mission of Graphite Bio
Competitive salary with equity
Graphite Bio is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.