Research Associate - Genomics
South San Francisco /
Graphite Bio is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on harnessing the power of targeted DNA integration. Graphite Bio uses next-generation CRISPR based technology platforms for developing curative gene correction-based stem cell therapies for serious and life-threatening genetic diseases with inadequate existing treatment options
We are seeking a talented Research Associate to join our Genomics team. In this role you would leverage a range of next generation sequencing assays to drive biological research and development activities and to support our translational pipeline based on gene correction in hematopoietic stem cells.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct next generation sequencing experiments to characterize gene editing outcomes.
- Run single cell sequencing experiments to analyze edited cells and patient samples.
- Utilize NGS assays to shape the development of next generation gene editing approaches.
- Run and maintain various genomics and liquid handling instruments.
- Support drug product release and characterization by aiding the development of fit-for-purpose methods.
- Generate data and ensure high-quality documentation for regulatory submissions and publications
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, genetics, molecular biology, cell biology, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of hands-on work in a laboratory setting required. Prior experience in biotech preferred.
- Strong background in molecular biology (different PCR techniques, enzymatic DNA or RNA processing, nucleic acid purification and QC, CRISPR gene editing).
- Familiarity with lab instrumentation, including plate readers and liquid handlers.
- Experience with standard DNA and RNA NGS workflows highly desired.
- Impeccable attention to detail and meticulous documentation of experiments and results.
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal, and scientific writing skills.
- Ability to positively impact company culture and demonstrate flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
Fit with Graphite Bio’s culture:
Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual
Values-based leadership consistent with Graphite Bios’ Core Values
Excitement about the vision and mission of Graphite Bio
Competitive salary with equity
Graphite Bio is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.