United States /
Engineering – Teleport /
Gravitational is a rapidly growing software company that is building next generation, open source solutions like Teleport and Gravity. We are a fast growing Series-A startup, backed by Kleiner Perkins, S28 Capital, and are a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in Oakland, CA, we embrace a remote-first work culture and our employees are distributed around the world.
We also value our craft and being nice and respectful to each other and maintaining a work-life balance.
You will be joining engineering team of Teleport, distributed networking and security
system supporting SSH and Kubernetes.
Nasdaq, SumoLogic and Samsung Electronics trust Teleport to secure access to their infrastructure.
Here is why we love this job ourselves, and hope you will enjoy it too:
- The range of problem solving includes networking, performance, security and integrations with existing systems.
- Build and test cycles are measured in seconds, integration tests are running in minutes.
- Most of the code you will write will be open source.
- Our products are loved by their users, you’ll get to talk to some of them on Slack.
- We practice thorough code reviews and have an open design process.
Here are some of the example projects you may be working on:
- Adding BPF event player to Audit Log.
- Adding more fine grained control for the UI. e.g. Provide ability to perform RBAC on SCP. (down- vs. upload) in UI. #2981
- Improving Node Search. #2699
- Ability to comment / link to specific times in recorded sessions. #996
- Making RBAC Setup easier / simulate roles.
- CTA for Community Edition. #2506
- Supporting AAP & K8s improvements.
- Approval Workflow inside UI.
- Extra workflow / setup for users adding multiple OTP/U2F.
Joining a startup, you should be comfortable changing the area of focus and working directly with customers.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Gravitational is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.