Technical Product Marketing Manager
Marketing – Marketing /
Teleport enables engineers to quickly access any computing resource anywhere on the planet. Our open source products provide a Unified Access Plane for developers and security professionals seeking to simplify secure access to servers, applications, and data across all environments. Teleport is built by Gravitational, a Y-Combinator company that is well funded by additional top-tier investors and growing quickly. We value our craft, a work-life balance and embrace a culture of mutual respect.
We are looking for a Technical Product Marketing Manager to join our team. We need someone with a strong understanding of Linux and cloud technology to create technical blogs, write API sample code using a favorite language, record demo videos, and webinars to help developers learn, use, and understand how to get started with Teleport, how to improve their SSH, application and database access.
This role requires both a deep understanding of the technology (prior engineering and product management experience) and the ability to articulate compelling narratives around product benefits, capabilities, and features that appeal to our developer audience. You must be able to lead initiatives and work cross-functionally to produce a variety of technical content assets, including blog posts, case studies, learning resources, and more.
Reporting to the CMO, the Technical Product Marketing Manager will work closely with the product management and engineering teams to develop and execute on the future roadmap and success of our product portfolio. This person will own the product content on the website, create and refine the messaging framework, and shape our content strategy. They will define pricing, drive product launches, drive key campaigns, create innovative go-to-market strategies, and evangelize the products and offerings.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to leverage your deep technical skills to create innovative content and be part of a company experiencing explosive growth, this may be the right opportunity.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Own the product content on the website, ensuring it is highly relevant to our developer audience
- Be the expert and create content for the technical buyer personas, understanding their buying agendas and how they evaluate and buy
- Produce highly technical content — blogs, tech papers, webinars, videos, code snippets, and the like — that supports the demand generation team and the growth team
- Develop deep technical knowledge about our products and capabilities, our competitors’ products and services, and the competitive landscape in general
- Be the product expert intelligently and effectively articulating and demoing the product value proposition
- Create sales presentations and positioning content that increases our sales effectiveness
- Set and create the technical content strategy to engage the engineering audience, working closely with our content team to ensure the content is high quality
- Work with the CMO on compelling messages and content that result in better coverage in key analyst publications, trade, business, and national media outlets
- Prior software engineering and/or software development experience (support engineer, sales engineer, product manager, developer)
- Technical knowledge in comparable markets — Linux, AWS, K8s, Terraform, Ansible
- Strong writing ability and understanding of how to effectively create messaging for a technical audience
- Strong presentation skills especially around video presentations
- Experience in using and promoting open-source projects
- Energetic, scrappy, no task is beneath you; this is both a strategic role and a “doing” role on a very collaborative marketing team
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.