On Call Systems Administrator
Engineering – Gravity /
Gravitational is a rapidly growing software company that is building next generation, open source solutions like Teleport and Gravity. Gravitational is a Y-Combinator company that is well funded by additional top-tier investors and growing quickly. We value our craft, a work-life balance and embrace a culture of mutual respect.
This job involves a mix of customer interactions, support with low level Linux systems troubleshooting on call.
You are interested in software infrastructure and security space, you are excited to work with experienced software development team, and would like to get more hands on Kubernetes and containers experience.
If you are this kind of person, here is what you will be working on:
* Troubleshooting networking, Kubernetes failures on customer's infrastructure.
* Work with key customers helping them with deployments of our products Gravity and Teleport.
* Helping customers to make sure our products solve their problems well using Zendesk, Slack and Community forums.
* Improve documentation based on customers feedback and experiences.
* Build example deployments using Terraform, Ansible.
- Strong experience with Linux systems administration, expertise in network setup, performance troubleshooting is required.
- Good communication skills, experience with customer support process.
- Relevant experience running and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters, containerized applications and Postgres databases is a plus.
Working with us, you can expect to gain a deeper understanding of the following technologies:
* Scripting / automation in Go or Python
* Cloud computing platforms - AWS, GCP, etc.
* Distributed Systems
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Gravitational is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.