Backend Software Engineer
Product – Teleport /
Gravitational is a rapidly growing software company that is building next generation, open source solutions like Teleport and Gravity. Gravitational is a Y-Combinator company that is well funded by additional top-tier investors and growing quickly but we still focus on maintaining a work-life balance. We also value our craft and being nice and respectful to each other.
If you enjoy learning and creating systems engineering software as much as we do or would like to help us sell or write about it, join us.
You will be joining engineering team of Teleport, distributed networking and security
system supporting SSH and Kubernetes.
Nasdaq, SumoLogic and Samsung Electronics trust Teleport to secure access to their infrastructure.
Here is why we love this job ourselves, and hope you will enjoy it too:
- The range of problem solving includes networking, performance, security and integrations with existing systems.
- Build and test cycles are measured in seconds, integration tests are running in minutes.
- Most of the code you will write will be open source.
- Our products are loved by their users, you’ll get to talk to some of them on Slack.
- We practice thorough code reviews and have an open design process.
Here are some of the example projects you may be working on:
- Improving Kubernetes protocol support in our proxy.
- Building backed integrations with cloud provider's managed databases.
- Working on salability and resiliency of clusters with 10K+ nodes.
- Implementing advanced HTTPS proxy with identity aware access control.
Joining a startup, you should be comfortable changing the area of focus and working directly with customers.
Gravitational is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.