Technical Support Engineer
Seattle, WA /
Engineering – Customer Success /
Gravitational is a rapidly growing software company that is building next generation, open source solutions like Teleport and Gravity. Gravitational is a Y-Combinator company that is well funded by additional top-tier investors and growing quickly. We value our craft, a work-life balance and embrace a culture of mutual respect.
As a member of the growing Customer Success team, a Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical assistance to customers who are implementing, operating, and maintaining our software solutions, on-prem or in the cloud. This is a full-time US-based remote position reporting to our Head of Customer Success located in Austin, TX. This position requires participation in an on-call emergency escalation rotation.
A Technical Support Engineer is a member of our Customer Success team, who is focused on providing technical support assistance for customers who have purchased our software product, Teleport. Teleport is a distributed networking and security system supporting SSH and Kubernetes. You will work directly with our customers to provide guidance and planning during on-boarding, triage and debugging of technical issues, develop and maintain customer training programs, and assist the product team by capturing product feedback. Day to day, you will lead and participate in customer support interactions via ticket, chat, and video. As our company grows, and we launch new offerings, the requirements of this position may shift. You should be comfortable with change and have interest in continually learning and advancing your skill set.
- 3+ years experience in customer facing software support, software services, or system administration roles
- Hands on experience with one of the major public cloud providers; AWS, GCP, Azure. Certifications are a plus!
- Demonstrable experience with the following security principles and technologies: SSH, PKI, 2FA, SSO (SAML, OIDC), RBAC
- Strong Linux server administration skills
- Foundational understanding of Kubernetes
- Exceptional software troubleshooting, testing, and debugging skills
- Outstanding soft skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Gravitational is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.