Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Marketing – Marketing /
Gravitational is a rapidly growing software company that is building next generation, open source solutions like Teleport and Gravity. We are a fast growing Series-A startup, backed by Kleiner Perkins, S28 Capital, and are a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in Oakland, CA, we embrace a remote-first work culture and our employees are distributed around the world.
We also value our craft and being nice and respectful to each other and maintaining a work-life balance.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Our company is growing and we are expanding our SDR team. At Gravitational we are part of the wave of companies growing with the increasing demand for security and compliance as companies have to expand their compute needs and adopt Cloud, Kubernetes and other modern technologies. We’ve generated millions in ARR, are well funded, and have on-boarded large enterprise customers like Samsung, NASDAQ, Ticketmaster, and Epic Games. We are creating excitement.
We have a large Total Addressable Market — anyone that manages and operates server fleets, applications across cloud providers or deploys to internal data centers (i.e., almost all successful companies). As an SDR, you will drive pipeline by identifying, engaging and qualifying leads that are looking for help to solve these problems. You will also prospect into a list of strategic accounts. You will be asked to think creatively about finding potential leads, as well as leverage traditional lead generation techniques in order to build the top of the sales funnel and transition leads to our account reps.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to gain expertise in a sector that has experienced explosive growth in the last decade, have fun, and use this experience to springboard you into your next role, this may be the right opportunity.
We Need Someone Who
- Is a self-starter with a track record of success in their professional or personal life.
- Has a technical background or experience selling technical products and interacting with Ops, SRE / DevOps, and security professionals. Our champions are Engineering, IT and InfoSec professionals, so you need to be on their level.
- Has some experience in business development, ideally with open source and open core offerings.
- Is ready to roll up their sleeves. We need people that are ready to hustle, work with sales reps and the founders to develop lead sources and learn to sell our products.
- Doesn’t mind helping out across various go-to-market activities, including marketing collateral, product positioning, customer interviews, sales cycle optimizations, traveling to conferences, brand evangelism, attending meetups, etc. when needed.
What we expect of you:
- Learn and explain technical products and concepts.
- Do cold outreach to new prospects.
- Investigate customer problems and challenges and identify leads that should go to Account Executives.
- Experiment with different sales channels and be able to leverage the most effective ones.
- Establish best practices and efficient processes.
- Work closely with Account Executives to refine call and messaging strategies.
- Identify trends from prospective customers to share with the product, marketing, and customer success teams.
- Track all sales activity in our CRM (Salesforce).
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of sales qualified leads.
Gravitational was founded to provide products and tools that simplify and take care of the ever-escalating complexity of building and running software everywhere - cloud, hybrid cloud, on-premise.
We are on a mission to help engineers and organizations such as NASDAQ, Ticketmaster, Snowflake, and Mulesoft erase security and deployment boundaries between networks and cloud providers in order to securely deploy and access their applications anywhere on the planet with minimal oversight.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Gravitational is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.